New Y-pipe requires - suggestions welcomed!!

DRP08

My 05 plate 350Z has just failed MOT and needs a new Y-pipe. Garage has told me they can only find one directly through Nissan, which will cost £395 + VAT.

Is this my best option? I have to admit I'm pretty clueless about the mechanical side of things, so any suggestions are welcome. Car will need to go back through MOT soon, so anything with long lead times (i.e. > 2 weeks) won't be practical.

Thanks for any help in advance!!

Go for a cobra y pipe, excellent quality at a very competitive price. So much so I received mine last week to match the rest of the cobra system lol. The stillen has no flexis so can't take up vibration albeit the flexi will never fail as it doesn't have one but your not buying a japspeed so I wouldn't worry about the flexi failing from another brand.

Thanks for the quick responses!! Nice to know a great car is backed up by this calibre of follower!! I'll run the options past the garage tomorrow, and sure I'll be in touch.

I have the sudden urge to start looking at all the different options for the Z - I've read warnings about this!!

While on here, I've had chance to browse a few other topics as well - great forum!

I'd love to push the boat out, but unfortunately circumstances don't allow at the moment. I guess it's the Cobra or the Stillen then? So just to clarify, it sounds like the Stillen would be better in the long run, as it's less likely to fail because it has no flexi's??

Sorry to drop in the thread but just out of curiosity, the flexi's - are they smooth internally ? (I'm not even sure it makes a difference).

I'm personally down for the stillen once I've finished sorting a few bits (but the CS lifetime warranty is bloody good !).

Edited by RobPhoboS

They'll both fit perfectly as there both quality items, performance will probably be the same if the stillen goes from 2.5" to 3" collector like the cobra does, tbh I'd have the cobra even if I didn't have the rest of the system as it won't vibrate like the stillen could potentially do and you'll save 50 quid in the process, that's my opinion anyway. If you check my journal I've just put pictures of my new cobra y pipe up so you can see the differences between the two

Just to update, I've now purchased the Cobra Y-pipe from CS, based on the general concensus on here. And probably more importantly, I knew where I could get it from quickly!! I haven't taken delivery of it yet, and so I can't comment too much so far, but would just like to say thanks to those at CS - they were a pleasure to deal with!!!

Thanks to all those that responded

• 2 weeks later...