..........nearly here.......!

get12

........just spoken to my stealer - the one that has the deposit for me new MY07, he's telling me that they have just got authorisation to send back their MY06 showroom 350z to Nissan - they would not do that if the '07 release was not going to be imminent or at the very least appear on sytem to be orderable! :yahoo:

........just spoken to my stealer - the one that has the deposit for me new MY07, he's telling me that they have just got authorisation to send back their MY06 showroom 350z to Nissan - they would not do that if the '07 release was not going to be imminent or at the very least appear on sytem to be orderable! :yahoo:

Ooohh keep us informed, I want to get some info once available! :thumbs:

isn't May the time where you'll get 07's in UK? so sound about right

Yep, Allegedly! :thumbs:

Doing my best Sarnie impression here - however :secret: I have a little info on this front having had a "discussion" (read :rant: ) with my insurance firm and Nissan UK on this one

Apparently, and I can't swear to any of this due to the convoluted way I got the info, the official UK specs & price list are due out this month at some point, expect about a £2k price hike, the actual orders are supposedly being fulfilled in Japan in May but who knows if this will actually happen, but then the actual launch date seems to be June / July.

Confusingly one dealer I spoke to said that they'd been told the car was being pushed back to Oct, but I don't think that can be right if people have already put deposits down.

:ninja:

isn't May the time where you'll get 07's in UK? so sound about right

Yep, Allegedly! :thumbs:

Doing my best Sarnie impression here - however :secret: I have a little info on this front having had a "discussion" (read :rant: ) with my insurance firm and Nissan UK on this one

Apparently, and I can't swear to any of this due to the convoluted way I got the info, the official UK specs & price list are due out this month at some point, expect about a £2k price hike, the actual orders are supposedly being fulfilled in Japan in May but who knows if this will actually happen, but then the actual launch date seems to be June / July.

Confusingly one dealer I spoke to said that they'd been told the car was being pushed back to Oct, but I don't think that can be right if people have already put deposits down.

:ninja:

All a bit strange... I was toying with the idea of a swapping for a 07 and was told if I ordered now I would have one in May. The Swiss dealer I went to had prices, specs, colours available etc etc

I've since changed my mind anyway because of the huge loss I would have to take on mine :wacko: So I went and got new wheels instead :D

it shouldn't though since RHD ones are surely already out in Japan?

true, but there always seems to be a significant lag btwn Japan and the UK, and they also seem to give us a different spec....not sure why really. As I say can't swear to the info but that's basically what I've been told so far.

The long and the short of this is Privilege was trying to claim that since the new model specs were different (and unpublished) the MY07 was a diffent car to the MY06 version they wouldn't replace the car but instead give me £4k less than I bought the original for. As a result I phoned Nissan UK and a few dealerships trying to get the offical line, and these are the results

Slightly :offtopic: I should also mention that if I hadn't phoned round I still wouldn't have a car, bascially they hadn't even bothered to check in the hope I'd simply take the cash and they'd save themselves some money :angry:

This was after waiting 8 weeks, during which time they had assured me I would get the MY07 replacement no problem :rant::angry::bang: so I've now been waiting since Jan for a car that I could have sourced in about 4 weeks.

The moral is, don't use Privelege Insurance.

Here endeth the rant