The 2013 F1 Chat Thread

Beavis

Lols at Seb forgetting Jenson :lol:

Car looks good, can't see it being anything other than astounding really. Fingers crossed for Mark to win the championship this year in it, I'd love to see him do that before he retires from F1.

some interesting stuff in Teds Notebook last night on sky. More tonight of day2 testing and another Notebook from 9pm onwards

Will check that out. I see the Mclaren stopped again on circuit yesterday..........................fuel pump failure again! :lol:

Is it a Merc supplied fuel pump? :stir:

The other worry for McLaren is the fuel-pump failure that affected Jenson Button on day one. That was a new part aimed at solving the problem that cost Lewis Hamilton victory in Abu Dhabi last year. It's a Mercedes part, but it's odd that it's now failed twice on a McLaren and not on any other Mercedes-engined cars."

Is it a Merc supplied fuel pump? :stir:

The other worry for McLaren is the fuel-pump failure that affected Jenson Button on day one. That was a new part aimed at solving the problem that cost Lewis Hamilton victory in Abu Dhabi last year. It's a Mercedes part, but it's odd that it's now failed twice on a McLaren and not on any other Mercedes-engined cars."

Maybe McLaren should make their own :stir:

Am I the only person that thinks whilst Vettel is good, his ability is nowhere near the level his stats (relative to his rivals) over the last 3 seasons would suggest?

Vettle is just consistent, still a good driver, but very much less volatile and unpredictable than some of the others.

Most of Vettles wins seem to be from pole and he just scampers off in to the distance and looks like he cruising to the finish. Not many have been battles to win, He is very good at getting through the field to got more points though, but does not take undue risks.

I really like watching him in qualifying, the number of times he gets pole in the dying seconds is amazing.

For me the best championship battle in recent times is Button with Brawn GP B)

He is an outstanding driver. He won the title last year despite having the third best car, which tells you a lot. His win in 2011 was blighted by every other car being completely awful until 3/4 of the way through the year, but 2011 was supremely impressive as well, bearing in mind he didn't lead the championship once until he won it.

If it was just the car, then Webber would be up there too fighting for the title.

Am I the only person that thinks whilst Vettel is good, his ability is nowhere near the level his stats (relative to his rivals) over the last 3 seasons would suggest?

He's 25 and already has 26 wins, MSC had 19 wins at that stage of his career, Senna just 2. An all time great in the making? I think so.

Pete

Nice vid there, jumping350 :thumbs:

No doubt Vettel is a class act, although like we have seen in recent years the designer that has best engineered their car to make the most of the rules applying at the time is the most instrumental factor in race results unless a set of circumstances, that no one could have predicted, dictate the outcomes.