The 2013 F1 Chat Thread

Beavis

can't see Kimi playing the same kind of role as Massa bowing to the team and Alonso, i think that will be ferrari's team orders out the window, should be interesting,

also i think Mclaren are teaming up with Honda as engine suppliers in 2015 and Eddie Jordan also let slip that the 2 of them would be working together on a new nsx :shrug:

I think the lower teams will be nowhere near the front runners next year too.

It would be a great opportunity for midfield teams like Sauber, Williams and Force India to spring a surprise next season before things settle down in 2015. Caterham and Marrussia could even move up to the midfield.....we'll see.

Pete

can't see Kimi playing the same kind of role as Massa bowing to the team and Alonso, i think that will be ferrari's team orders out the window, should be interesting,

Maybe Ferrari have finally pulled their heads out of their arses then. If massa did half as well as Alonso over the past few years Ferrari would have been in with a shout at the cobstructor's championship. Kimi and Alonso has got cobstructor's championship written all over it IMHO

I have spent the day today with a guided tour of Marussia in Banbury Oxfordshire, was very lucky as they had both the cars back from Monza and were working on them and were busy packing stuff up to go to Singapore. Couple of rooms we were not allowed in as they had stuff for next years car in. Was not allowed to take any photos apart from the car in the lobby for confidential reasons but it was a really good day and some of the kit they have in there is amazing.

We were guided around the room with 200 engineers working on both next years car and also analyzing the data from the last race, the R&D area where they stress test new components with forces 10x that they would expect to get during a race. Also showed us their 3D printers where the mock up all the parts before they are manufactured. We were also allowed to see the actual cars that were currently being stripped down with the engines/gearboxes out getting ready for the next race, also what I didn't know was that every nut/bolt is replaced for new every race, crazy. All the main people were there but I only managed to see the Technical Director at his desk.

IMG_0598_zps58201d7b.jpg

IMG_0599_zps78c74d6e.jpg

IMG_0597_zpsae2d2aba.jpg

Edited by pagey

Cant argue, Ferrari probbaly have the most formidable driver line up going next year, if the car is half decent, they will do well. Both of them drivers can flog a dead horse, so as long as the car is there or there about, Ferrari will be the team to beat. I agree with the previous comment too, that one or 2 teams may come up with a very creative interpretation of the rules, and cause a big stir, but we shall see. Im hoping to get my name down to work at the first test, really anxious to see the new can and power train

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Vettel is just unstoppable this season. I think he's handled the negativity towards him very well also. That performance today was unbelievable. The rest of the field look merely amature by comparison.

Great call by Ferrari and Alonso today too.

Vettel is the most complete driver I've ever seen. Not as exciting or watchable as Senna or Lewis on a charge, but certainly deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Schumacher for ruthless efficiency and the ability to get in a groove from the green light.

• Like 1

It seems petty to give him a penalty for that but if that's what the rules are then they must be followed consistently.

In fairness, he received a reprimand for hitching a lift. It was his 3rd of the season which earned him a 10 place grid penalty.

It seems petty to give him a penalty for that but if that's what the rules are then they must be followed consistently.

In fairness, he received a reprimand for hitching a lift. It was his 3rd of the season which earned him a 10 place grid penalty.

It was for returning to the circuit without the permission of the stewards. I don't think 'hitching a lift' is in the rule book, hehe.

what were the other two infringements? not that it matters anyways, rules is rules. hitching a ride definitely isnt the safest of things to do.

Besides, i very much doubt Mark Webber cares any more - only a handful more races and then hes gone. and it actually might make a race exciting to have a fast car start from the middle of the pack. Was generally not that impressed with the Singapore GP, you can always tell a dull race when the leader gets very little tv time as hes so far ahead.

what were the other two infringements? not that it matters anyways, rules is rules. hitching a ride definitely isnt the safest of things to do.

Besides, i very much doubt Mark Webber cares any more - only a handful more races and then hes gone. and it actually might make a race exciting to have a fast car start from the middle of the pack. Was generally not that impressed with the Singapore GP, you can always tell a dull race when the leader gets very little tv time as hes so far ahead.

Bahrain for crashing into Nico Rosberg and Canada for not slowing down sufficiently for yellow flags.

Did anyone else notice that the post-race room was a little devoid of passion this time? Vettel seemed incredibly uncomfortable with Horner there, and Alonso + Kimi basically blanked him. Alonso also barely had anything at all to say to Kimi, so I suspect their relationship next year is going to be interesting to say the least.

They we probably all completely knackered. When Horner said it was tiring on the pitlane,the drivers all had a look of, "shut up you mincer try driving it" about them.

I can't wait for webber to go to the WEC next year. However Porsche have announced that they might be using a turbo 4-banger in their car so I might still be rooting for Toyota!! On that note did anyone watch the 6 hours of cota last night?

N

They we probably all completely knackered. When Horner said it was tiring on the pitlane,the drivers all had a look of, "shut up you mincer try driving it" about them.

I doubt it. It's a hot race, sure, but any worse than the early flyaway races? Nope, there was a definite lack of charisma in there which seemed very odd to me. I love watching those bits and I wish they'd mike the room up a little better, it gives a real insight as to the drivers and their feelings without PR people standing around.

Also, got a link to Porsche usig 4pots? If they do, I'll stand in the middle of the town centre with a sandwich board saying "I HEART MIXED TYRES".

Edited by Ekona