D8NMT's silver 350z build - Now FOR SALE - see pg 3

D8NMT

Hi Guys,

Thought I would start a build thread, just as a record of what I do to the car really, it's always nice to see how things progress...

So, in June 2012 I found this one.

Completely standard with full service history, 43K, great condition throughout, and I fell in love and bought it!

standard_z_zps5276fc9d.jpg

The first mod I made was to remove the front number plate surround, and fit my private number plate. I also sprayed the front splitter black using 'Plastdip'. This means it can be removed in a matter of minutes if needed.

splitter_zpsc6f03cd5.jpg

I then decided to spray the front and rear badges black (with plastidip) to match the front splitter

350zblackbadges1_zps58851d77.jpg

350zblackbnadges_zps63e57bbe.jpg

I wanted an 'aux in' cable for the stereo so I could connect my iPhone, So I purchased a wired fm modulator. The sound quality is much better than a wireless one and there is no interference as the modulator disconnects the standard radio when it detects music from the phone. Really impressed.

I ran the aux wire into the ashtray cubby so it's neat and tidy when not in use

Photo15-12-2012034329PM_zpsa8e27cf8.jpg

Photo15-12-2012034348PM1_zpsad1f619a.jpg

I did a small install guide here: http://www.350z-uk.c...ing-mini-guide/

Next I upgraded some of the bulbs to LED's. I changed the front sidelights to LEDs and also the rear numberplate bulbs and an LED reverse light bulb. I also installed some silver indicator bulbs to the front to remove the 'fried egg look'!

5DE16FBF-9D70-46B3-A190-14264B1ECC8C-145-0000000495BA4F01.jpg

14688F36-0287-4663-967B-AB320F319C3D-145-0000000492BDCB19.jpg

headlight_no_amber_zps62da4397.jpg

I got the car serviced in November 2012, and had noticed some slight squeaking from the suspension as well a noisy wheel bearing so decided to get everything replaced. Many thanks to ZmanAlex for supplying some of the bits i needed.

So, the car was treated to:

1 x set front genuine Nissan upgraded drop links

The special drop link nuts

2 x compression rod bushes

2 x compression rod ball joint cones

2 x compression rod ball joint nuts

as well as a new wheel bearing, new Brembo pads all round and a major service!

73819870-1A8B-4718-947B-C1C4D943BE12-145-00000003453588F9.jpg

3CC46DC7-D152-4A15-9A89-DCFBB9DE5E38-145-0000000349180822.jpg

So here is how she currently stands:

standard_height_5_zps907fbadd.jpg

UPDATED -04/02/13

Ordered are a few new bits throughout January which are starting to arrive...

First up, my new exhaust system arrived yesterday - Decided on the Japspeed K1 as I like the aggressive look of the rear back boxes I'm expecting it to be loud.. can't wait to get it fitted!

exhaust_zpscf2fbd8d.jpg

20mm Spacers have now arrived:

spacers_zps54aaac93.jpg

UPDATED - 10th Feb 2013

Car has been in the garage getting all the bits fitted this week! Exhaust sounds amazing, i'm really pleased with it for the price.

k1_fitted_zps2ca31587.jpg

The spacers have made a real difference too, especially with the lowering springs.

spacers_springs_zps3e9e2c71.jpg

I got some Apex springs from Tarmac Sportz on here (thanks Chris!) which have been fitted too, I am really pleased with them.

They have lowered the car nicely and the ride is great too, anyway some pics:

lowered_zps99b6eed0.jpg

IMG_1265_zps8c5f172e.jpg

UPDATE 16TH FEB:

Today I installed the auto-fold mirror module from Flyboy (this auto folds the mirrors in when the car is locked, and then auto folds them back out when the ignition is turned on. Fantastic little mod!

Video of it in action here:

I also put the bungs back into my japspeed exhaust, but i sprayed the bungs black which i think looks a lot better.

BEFORE:

exhaust_before_zpsfcb13af1.jpg

AFTER:

exhaust_after_zps7af59ea9.jpg

Updated 25th Feb:

Got myself a flip key, had the key cut with no issues and got some little nissan badges from ebay too. Really happy with the result, I used the standard buttons in the flip key, they fit perfectly.

Really happy with the result

005CFDEC-4E5D-411E-88EC-12B7595FE806-2473-000000B7C7F1F5B9_zpse259ec38.jpg

F7CC32AC-DA6A-40C4-8ABB-4CCAB2DFD0D0-2473-000000B7CF4E698A_zps898a4238.jpg

Update 15th March:

Just a small update, I've just put some new tyres on the rears, after reading quite a lot of reviews I decided to go for Avon ZZ5's. I'm really pleased with them, a noticeable improvement.

tyrefitting_zpse4f6b92f.png

AvonZZ5_zps599a8663.png

I've also had a full geo setup (4 wheel laser alignment), the car handles so much better!

Monday 6th May:

I bought another set of wheels from a fellow member and had them refurbished and powder coated in 'Candy Apple red'. I'm really pleased with them, i love the look on the car! (i know this may not be to everyones taste)

wheel_red_zps3139142a.jpg

[350z_red_zpsfc68dbb4.jpg

[350z_red1_zpsd6361f1f.jpg

wheels_candy_zpscc1f86c2.jpg

I also de-badged the rear and removed the black plasti-dip on the front and rear nissan badges as it had started to look a bit tatty.

de-badged_zps2a06495d.jpg

Next on the list:

- A couple of other red touches including Black and red nissan front and rear badges, red nissan side badges and a few other small bits.

- Black roof

- Tints

Edited by D8NMT

• 2 weeks later...

The led reverse light is 'whiter' but probably not brighter if that makes sense!

The rear plate was just stuck on yes.

I really can't decided on the rays or not, I love the style of the current wheels. Don't need to decide yet anyway as they are last on the list!

As for the plasti-dip, it's holding up really well. I'd advise it for anyone wanting to spray the splitter. Literally takes 10 mins to do.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree the standard wheels look better than the rays. Wheres the 200sx? i cant see it in the pics

Sorry I removed that Pic when I updated the original post!

Here you go:

350Znrich_zpsdcf85394.jpg

Todays update:

Spacers and exhaust are fitted!

k1_fitted_zpsf66c8543.jpg

The spacers have made a real difference, and the exhaust sounds amazing. Very very pleased!

Springs should be fitted by the end of the week, so really looking forward to that.

regarding the wheels, I prefer the look of the standard wheels and i've decided that I'm going to get them refurbished and powder coated gun metal grey.

Nice looking car, quite like the number plate surround removal.

I'm watching this thread keenly as it progresses as i have a silver Z myself.

I think spacers are next on my list of mods, im still unsure about lowering though as the roads round my way are so potholed and we have speedbumps everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...