Flyboy-Mirror Auto Fold Module - GROUP BUY 2017

flyboy

I have now finished sorting the wiring detail on the mirror fold module for the UK 350Z.

There is now no need to remove the metal door panel or glass

Access to the locking solenoid circuit now recomended from behind the speaker.

For anyone interested they will cost £42.50 Plus postage and packaging. ( first class signed for)

There have been some issues due to not being able to find a clean 12v signal to the solenoid which locks the door.

There is a unique signal/wire for the unlock, but the wire which carries the 12v lock voltage also carries a 12v pulse on the unlock command.

This has been confusing the issue and I have had to come up with a work around to the normal module, hence the delay and difficulty.

I have the module working in the following format with the Mirror Switch in the off (Centre) position

• With the Ignition off when the doors are locked with either the key-fob or internal switch, the mirrors fold in.
  • With the ignition on (or Acc Circuit on) the device is inhibited and locking the doors will not fold the mirrors. (This is to prevent the mirrors folding if the doors are locked when driving.)
  • With the ignition off when doors are unlocked the mirrors stay folded.
  • When the ignition is switched on (or Acc Circuit switched on) the mirrors unfold.
  • Switching the ignition off then locking the doors folds the mirrors once again.

The manual button for folding and unfolding the mirrors works as normal when the ignition is on or Acc circuit is on. This allows the mirrors to be folded while driving if needs be, to get through a tight gap etc.

There is no need to glue a switch to the locking mechanism in the door, access to the locking solenoid circuit now recomended from behind the speaker. There is now no need to remove the metal door panel or glass

The module is a sealed self contained "black box" with an external 15A fuse protection.

There are 8 wires which need to be connected to the wiring loom within the door/doorcard. 4 of these are connected with Scotch block connectors, and 4 go one to each end of 2 existing wires which have to be cut. These are provided with bullet connectors.

A full colour coded wiring diagram and fitting instructions will be provided with each kit.

I will try to get a photo guide posted but to be honest if you cant do this from a wiring diagram with good written instructions then photos wont help much.

Edited by flyboy

So just to clarify. To fit this the door card has to come off aswell as the internal metal sheet and the door glass needs to come out?

No not now i have realised you just take out the speaker To get to the solenoid wire

Edited by flyboy

Good work mate. Are you still planning to do a regional fitting service?

Depends on how many people in which areas, to make it worthwhile.

I would certainly be able to fit one for you if you came up to the Midlands.

Would need to be fine weather though as I don't have a garage (Its is now an office and utility room)

I'll have one :thumbs:

Anyone near me needs it fitted BRING DOUGHNUTS! :lol:

Any particular type of doughnuts? Ring or creme filled? I know Dave loves both types.

On a serious note. Cost of doughnuts to get this fitted and I get to visit the ZedShed makes this ever so appealing to purchase!

Deal breaker... Do I get a sticker if I come down? :lol:

I'll have one :thumbs:

Anyone near me needs it fitted BRING DOUGHNUTS! :lol:

Any particular type of doughnuts? Ring or creme filled? I know Dave loves both types.

On a serious note. Cost of doughnuts to get this fitted and I get to visit the ZedShed makes this ever so appealing to purchase!

Deal breaker... Do I get a sticker if I come down? :lol:

:lol:

krispy kreme :thumbs:

Due to popular demand and a lot of visitors we ran out - but more are in the pipeline and if you visits and have something done to your Zed the yup you get a sticker :lol: