Flyboy-Mirror Auto Fold Module - GROUP BUY 2017

flyboy

3 hours ago, cs2000 said:

Only 350's im afraid, Flyboy did try to get this working on the 370's but the comms is done by the canbus not just standard voltages on wires 

Shame. Hope someone comes up with something. Kaiser I beleive has a kit for the GTR so hoping he can do something for the later 370

Hey guys, no news yet I’m still waiting for the parts to arrive to test. As soon as they arrive il be doing the same as Flyboy did, which will be to ask for a £5 deposit and get everything ordered and shipping info from everyone at that point.

i don’t have his original install guide sadly so I’m working up a new one too which I should have done pretty quickly after the order arrives seeing as I have a module installed in my car already it’s a simple case of working backwards. Il keep you all updated when I have more info. Thanks for your patience!

• Thanks 3

Right guys, good news! Everything arrived today so im ready to push the button on this one.

PM's should now all be sent for everyone who's on the list so far.

This isn't a limited time group buy or anything, so if you still want in, just let me know in a post and il get in touch.

1. alfa_owner (2x)

2. craigmdennis - Paid In Full

3. StuZGT - Deposit Received

4. baileydom - Deposit Received

5. Kryptek49 - Deposit Received

6. Jack94 - Deposit Received

7. PabloVC - Deposit Received

8. Jcurtis - Deposit Received 

9. Skate2create - Deposit Received

10.Nelly64

Edited by cs2000

Just letting you guys know I’ve ordered everything for 15 modules so I have some spares if anyone else wants one without waiting for things to come in stock.

Everyone else, il update you when things are ready to move.

Edited by cs2000

I'll take a kit if still available please! 

1. alfa_owner (2x)

2. craigmdennis

3. StuZGT

4. baileydom

5. Kryptek49

6. Jack94

7. PabloVC

8. Jcurtis

9. Skate2create

10.Nelly64

11.Luke2208

Hi Luke, always available mate, will PM you now.

1. alfa_owner (2x) - Deposit Received

2. craigmdennis - Posted

10. Nelly64

11. Luke2208 - Deposit Received

Since i had one module ready to go (the one i briefly used for testing), i have today sent this to "craigmdennis", so thats the first one out the door. Sorry alfa_owner, i know you were first on the list, but i didn't have 2 modules ready so had to skip to number 2 on the list. 

As soon as everything comes into stock for the batch ive ordered il be in touch again to get these sent to you guys, from then on wards il maintain a stock of these at all times so i can fulfil orders quickly.

Edited by cs2000
  • Like 1

I'll definitely still take one, pm me and let me know how much deposit and how to pay it 

2. craigmdennis - Posted

10. Nelly64

11. Luke2208 - Deposit Received

12. btoms350z 

I fitted mine over the weekend and it took about 45 mins (me being cautious... but also me having to take everything apart again because I didn't test enough).

Instructions were very clear and the only challenge was connecting to the cable behind the door speaker. I have a 2005 GT4 DE and the wire colours in the instructions matched exactly.

Here it is working :) 

auto-folding.gif.300e65347e569e5bbcb9d8129c7d6d19.gif

A couple of things to note:

• Be careful with the grey wires as there's a thick and a thin. Follow the instructions and double check.
  • The recommended place to mount the box (behind a cable) caused the connector to get pushed out slightly when the door panel went back on... so it worked when I tested it and not when the door panel went back on (and I'd screwed everything back together). So just be careful to orient the connector away from the cable.
  • And instead of poking a hole through the paper gromet, I had a more robust rubber one that fit so used that.
Edited by craigmdennis
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cs2000 said:

@btoms350z - Apologies for the delay, have been in Belgium all weekend with the Z watching the F1. Il send you a PM now mate.

Everyone else, still waiting on stock of some parts, if timings work out like usual, they should be here late this or very early next week!

No need for the apologies! Thanks for getting back to me, pm replied to 

Deposit from btoms350z received so new list is below

2. craigmdennis - Posted

10. Nelly64

11. Luke2208 - Deposit Received

12. btoms350z  - Deposit Received

@craigmdennis Glad you got it fitted OK and my guide was helpful!

Whoever does the install first on both a Rev-Up and a HR, just double check your connections are 100% right. If theirs any doubt, give me a PM first. Id be grateful if anyone who does this install first on these cars can send me a picture or a list of the exact wire colours and pin numbers so i can make sure the guide is 100% correct. I want to make it as easy as possible and im pretty sure for the Rev-Up its correct, but dont have any photographic evidence to confirm it. I suspect the HR is the same as the Rev-Up, but again, cannot confirm.