Flyboy-Mirror Auto Fold Module - GROUP BUY 2017

flyboy

3 minutes ago, taybo said:

I'm in the same boat as you MD! This is the purple wire I spliced to to begin with. Then found out this is wrong. There is a split conduit loom wire behind the speaker in my Revup and I have found the purple wire in that lot to splice into but mine is still doing the same as yours. Still haven't had time for a 3rd attempt atm.

Here is where I splice behind the speaker.

Hm I've put my hands in but I can't feel any cabling behind the speaker area accept the one which I've already spliced into which goes into the door and then back to the car.

The switch reversal isn't a problem just chuckling at my luck!

MD, can you take a pic of the purple wire you spliced into? I was thinking it was the one Taybo spliced into thd 2nd time round but he says splicing into that one still gives him problems so dont want to do it until I find out Im splicing the correct wire lol

1 hour ago, Erni902 said:

MD, can you take a pic of the purple wire you spliced into? I was thinking it was the one Taybo spliced into thd 2nd time round but he says splicing into that one still gives him problems so dont want to do it until I find out Im splicing the correct wire lol

SUre thing, here you go..

Make sense?

YcLVQVd.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/07/2017 at 10:30, kayjay0_7 said:

So it seems as though there is a slight difference in colour coding on the rev up so I thought I'd add this to help out

yellow - small plug green/black splice

grey - small plug cut white/red wire connect to plug side

white - small plug cut white/green connect to plug side

orange - small plug cut white/green connect to car side

brown - small plug cut white/red wire connect to car side

all other wires are the same 

Installed mine today on my HR and this colour coding helped so much otherwise would have been stuck. Thank you. 

One question I have got is when I'm driving along if I want to fold my mirrors in for a tight space, I now have to push the button in the unfold position for the mirrors to fold in, so it's backwards now. Are the some wires I need to change around?

heres a photo of how mine is connected, this is for a HR so will be different to older models.  Also a photo of the purple wire I connected to behind the speaker. If this helps anyone

IMG_7567.JPG

IMG_7568.JPG

Edited by LukeA
Mispelling

Got mine all working on the 3rd attempt. Cause was a couple of bad connections on the good old scotch blocks.

So this is how I finally wired it up to my Revup:

Yellow Small Plug green/black wire – splice

Grey Small Plug white/green wire - cut connect plug-side

White Small Plug white/red wire - cut connect plug-side

Black Small Plug black wire – splice

Red Big Plug white wire – splice

Blue Purple wire in conduit behind door speaker – splice

Orange Small Plug white/green wire - cut connect car side

Brown Small Plug white/red wire cut - connect car side

Small plug colour coding for Revup (and possibly HR)

mirrormod.jpg

Thanks to Kayjay and Martin for the help

Edited by taybo
  • Like 1

On 19/07/2017 at 11:04, Erni902 said:

Cherrs buddy thats the wire I located so Ill give that a go

yup this is the correct wire 

Also if your switch is working backwards then swap the  grey and white wires around on the module.

It seems my 350 was wired the other way to later models.

On 07/07/2017 at 23:42, flyboy said:

New updated list below

1. MDmetal  paid in full posted out

2. Olly350z paid in full  posted out

3. Erni902 paid in full posted out

4. kayjay0_7 paid in full posted out

5. Taybo paid in full posted out

6. Doom! paid in full posted out

7. Spike4real paid in full posted out

8. Lyndzzz deposit paid

9. 350_jer paid in full posted out

10. LukeA  paid in full posted out

11. Chalkster deposit paid

Can you all ensure that you send an address to send the mirror mod to and to also include your forum name with your payment

9 kits sent

2 people not paid yet.

Thanks Folks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Me and a buddy installed this yesterday, surprised how easily the door card was to remove. If im going to be brutally nit picky, Id say the instructions could be a tad clearer in regards to the location of the infamous purple wire and Id strongly say this thread needs updating with pictures in order to ease things along

However, with that being said, what a great bit of kit this is! Why Nissan didn't make it an OEM thing is baffling. Im so pleased with this, big props to Martin for making this from scratch. A little feature that adds a lot of class and character! Thank you Martin :)

Finally got around to fitting this after having it for months. First time round I ended up with the module functioning correctly but the mirror switch reversed i.e. unfold - folded the mirrors and fold - unfolded them. Swapped the white and grey wires (module side) and bing, everything working fine. Many thanks go out to flyboy for taking the time to devlop and build the modules.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm just getting around to fitting this... was there an instruction sheet?  I have a wiring sheet telling me where each wire is supposed to go, but I don't have anything other than that.  I gather that I'm pulling the door card off; are there only one set of wires in the door?

No step by step instructions. Most of the wires you need to cut into are on the too plugs under the mirror switches. The only awkward one is located behind the door speak (purple wire). Have a look higher up on this page for some more info/pics. Wire colours may differ depending on whether you have a DE or Rev-up/HR. If you need a hand I'm not very far way if you're in Taunton area.

I didn't realise there was anybody else in this neck of the woods :lol:

Cheers dude, I'll give it a crack myself, if my car starts going all skynet I'll know I've wired it incorrectly and take you up on your kind offer :D

Eh, I can hear something clicking to activate and deactivate but nothing happening, guessing I've arsed something up or there's a dodgy connection -_-

Uncertain if it was that (I went back and applied pressure a few more times to each of them) or one of the bullet connectors, I'd nearly ballsed something up and the bullet connectors were pretty close to the small white plug and subsequently hard to work with.  One of them came off pretty easily so may have been that. 

Either way, it works and I'm pleased that I don't have to leave my door card off and drive to work like it :lol: