Flyboy-Mirror Auto Fold Module - GROUP BUY 2017

flyboy

So if I have understood this correctly the kits are currently unavailable.

I have ordered one of these at the princely price of £6.75 or something, from China, what can possibles go wrong.

Am expecting a little bloke in sandles with a lampshade on his head to come running up the path in about 2 weeks with my package. Also expect instructions to be a complete farce. The ad didn't inspire much confidence as it said the mirrors open out on igniting the car, not quite what I had in mind but my family has a history of setting fire to its cars so I think I have it covered.

Stand by for cries for help.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191605297838

Tried and tested kits are still available, i'm just not on here every day, and work away quite a bit.

Fitting guide is available by email to anyone who buys a Flyboy kit.

Members above who are asking for a flyboy kit will be pm'd

Z350convert you are on your own.

Happy guy fawkes day LOL

I had the same issue with the switch being reversed. If you read back through the thread I might have stated which wire was incorrect. I've no electronic experience but figured out which wire was wrong from the schematics so it must be fairly obvious

EDIT ...

Actually just found my post, apparently I didn't figure it out,I must have just got used to it working the wrong way round :lol:

Haha yeah, I did re-read the wiring instructions and was like "well, ive wired it right..." so I deduced the instructions must be wrong. Sorted it via trial and error but iirc, it was the first 2 leads you connect that were reversed in the instructions (grey and white possibly, cant remember), I just switched the bullet connectors and bob was indeed my uncle!

Such a simple thing, but I do love this mod. Props to Flyboy for designing such a well engineered item too. It really does look and feel like an off the shelf item.

it is necessary on some year cars to reverse the two wires, or just put up with the switch backwards.

• Like 1

I want one of these, but need to find someone to fit it... me and wiring are not a good thing lol

Sorry Mikey, too far away for me to assist. I'm making a trip to Abbey Motorsport on the 30th if that makes it any easier, id be more than happy to fit it for you if you wanted to meet me there?

So if I have understood this correctly the kits are currently unavailable.

I have ordered one of these at the princely price of £6.75 or something, from China, what can possibles go wrong.

Am expecting a little bloke in sandles with a lampshade on his head to come running up the path in about 2 weeks with my package. Also expect instructions to be a complete farce. The ad didn't inspire much confidence as it said the mirrors open out on igniting the car, not quite what I had in mind but my family has a history of setting fire to its cars so I think I have it covered.

Stand by for cries for help.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191605297838

It looks like exactly the same module, which I expect it is, which is mildly irritating.

However the module alone wont work without being wired in correctly, which is what I'm guessing is the bit Flyboy has sorted out.

If it is indeed the case, I'm still not keen on the roughly 35.00 markup for the task of adding some bullet connectors and some scotch lok's, but that's not my decision to make.

As I say, mine came second hand, but never used from BBK, and came with the instructions for the Z, every car will be different.

Edited by cs2000

I want one of these, but need to find someone to fit it... me and wiring are not a good thing lol

Sorry Mikey, too far away for me to assist. I'm making a trip to Abbey Motorsport on the 30th if that makes it any easier, id be more than happy to fit it for you if you wanted to meet me there?

Cheers, thats a kind offer, but sadly even Abbey Motorsport is a 2 hour drive each :,-(

Edited by MikeyM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can do them but have no stock at the moment

I would need at least 10 people interested to be able to get the bits in to make them

Please form an orderly Queue

Martin

Edit (Caps removed)

I have pm'd a few people who have shown interest.

I will need a deposit of a fiver or so per person when this gets off the ground

It will take a few weeks to get them made once I order the bits.

Martin

Edited by flyboy
  • Like 1