Flyboy-Mirror Auto Fold Module - GROUP BUY 2017

flyboy

They only stop when I start engine before they're out? I'm not bothered at the moment but if it starts annoying me with daily use, ill do it :) thanks

Yes thats when it happens, if they are moving when you start the engine and stop. Its the earth . :thumbs:

Edited by flyboy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just to say finally got mine working today, its only been like 6 months or something! It was only my third attempt though. The only wire I couldn't check without removing the door panel was the one behind the speaker and that's where the issue was.

If it helps anyone else trouble shoot: after the first install my mirror open and close switch reversed but the auto fold didn't do anything, so I just left it as it was too cold to mess around.

The next attempt I just re-checked the connections that I could get at through the arm rest, this was all of them bar the splice behind the speaker. After this attempt the open and close was still reversed and the auto fold still didn't work. I did however notice that I could hear the auto fold black box clicking when the auto fold function should have kicked in. So it just looked like the signal just wasn't getting to the mirrors.

This time I had the door panel off for some other work so I thought I'd check the connection behind the speaker and after clamping down the splice a bit harder, it now works fine, the open close button is still reversed but that doesn't have any real impact on use. After re-checking the connection I did make sure that the wire wasn't touching the magnet on the back of the speaker, but don't think this would have interfered the signal anyway.

Thanks Flyboy.

Edited by Randy_Baton

Hi, just to say finally got mine working today, its only been like 6 months or something! It was only my third attempt though. The only wire I couldn't check without removing the door panel was the one behind the speaker and that's where the issue was.

If it helps anyone else trouble shoot: after the first install my mirror open and close switch reversed but the auto fold didn't do anything, so I just left it as it was too cold to mess around.

The next attempt I just re-checked the connections that I could get at through the arm rest, this was all of them bar the splice behind the speaker. After this attempt the open and close was still reversed and the auto fold still didn't work. I did however notice that I could hear the auto fold black box clicking when the auto fold function should have kicked in. So it just looked like the signal just wasn't getting to the mirrors.

This time I had the door panel off for some other work so I thought I'd check the connection behind the speaker and after clamping down the splice a bit harder, it now works fine, the open close button is still reversed but that doesn't have any real impact on use. After re-checking the connection I did make sure that the wire wasn't touching the magnet on the back of the speaker, but don't think this would have interfered the signal anyway.

Thanks Flyboy.

I had this problem, just swap the open and close pins in the plug

So after messing up last night, and splicing into the wrong cable, got it working tonight! Hurrah!

A bit intermittent at first but once tidied up and secure in place it was fine :) did have a problem where the switch worked the opposite way round but the auto was fine - so I just switched the grey and white pins around in the module plug. All good now!

There are differences in some of the wire colours on the HR, but if you use cookbots guide and use the same pin locations in the plugs it's fine.

370z version done yet? :)

any kits for 370z?

I have spent many hours with the doorcard to my new zed off trying to get a module to work, and the outcome is unfortunately No there will not be a version for the 370.

The door lock and mirror control seem to now be fully Canban controlled. with the mirrors on separate circuits

I have taken out the mirror control fuse about a dozen times and will not risk taking out my BCM with more experimenting.

http://www.gtr.co.uk...ror-module.html

Looks like someone has cracked it for the GTR but I have heard this car has reverted back to more traditional circuitry in parts.

Get me the installation instructions and ill see how it works, however if its using the canban coding and signals its beyond my skill set.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

370z version ready yet? :D

As answered earlier in this thread Adrian, the 370z wont happen due to a full canban control of the mirrors.

Nearly broke my zed trying and the kit coming soon tag has gone from my sig.

It can be done, but requires a new loom to both mirrors and is outside of a simple DIY kit.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...