LakeZ 2013, the Evolution June 28th, 29th, 30th

martinmac

LakeZ will be going ahead under a slightly different format for 2013. I am constantly trying to keep costs down for this event and this year I think I have made a significant advance. I WILL KEEP THIS POST UPDATED SO KEEP AN EYE ON THE FIRST PAGE FOR UPDATES.

LakeZ 2013 will have no entry fee for the event, no entry fee for the band on the Saturday evening and no fee for camping, sorry that the best I could do. :lol:

The rough format will reflect that of previous years and is again a social weekend in the Lake District, a chance to chill, meet other owners and enjoy the area. If you dont have a car or its not on the road feel free to come along anyway.

The big change is the venue, it will be held in Cark in Cartmel in the South LakeZ which has all the facilities we need and has plenty to offer nearby. Everything is within a 100m radius and there are lots of options for those who dont like camping.

Friday, for those who can get the day off arrive and get settled in. Meet and greet at the local pub which is being totally refurbished to a very high quality. Great food available and if the weather is playing the game sit outside and take in the rays. Rose and Crown. For anyone who wants to eat at the pub please pm me. It get pretty busy in the season so I will make sure we have tables. I suggest we start to eat at 6 pm to make sure we all get fed.The food is very good and reasonable priced. They arent trying to be a restaurant.

Saturday, several options.

A drive out up the west coast with great roads.

3 mile drive to pick up the local steam railway, this connects to the Windermere steamers. Stop at Bowness and Windermere for refreshments and some retail therapy.

Saturday evening. A meal in the pub followed by Bands playing on the local stage with a full bar service. Free hog roast starting 6-30 pm at the Hall.

Sunday, Show and shine and then chill out until its time to go.

Breakfasts will be available at the pub and there will be refreshments all day. Anyone wanting breakfast at the Rose and Crown please book it the previous evening so they can get an idea of numbers.

Alternatively there is a well stocked local Londis so for those who wish to bring your own beer to the Band night, no drinks brought into the pub though please.

Most of the local pubs have accomodation and I am happy to give reviews, there are also several local B&Bs and a few rental houses withing a mile. One even has six bedrooms taking 11 people which works out at about £44 per person, Friday to Monday. A great option if you can get a group together.

Book early though, its the Lake District.

The parking area we will be using is tarmac and pretty big. It does have two small speed bumps but even I can get over them. Once parked up the cars will not need to be moved as its private.

Any questions just ask. :)

ANYONE WITH A LOWERED CAR WHO INTENDS TO ATTEND PM ME, AVOID COMING IN THROUGH GRANGE OVER SANDS.

For lowered cars I suggest you stay on the A590 until you get to the turn off for the Anglers Arms. LA12 8AJ Incidentally this is right opposite the Stema railway. Leave the Anglers arms to your right and continue through the village. Take the first left at the first junction and fillow this road until you see the Rose and Crown right ahead of you. LA11 7NU. You will see the banners and flags. Take the left fork at the pub and about 60 metres along you will see the village hall to your left. When driving down the road from the Anglers arms please remember that we have dry stone walls, tourist seem to like to hit these so keep an eye out for rocks by the side of the road. Road rage induced by the finger from the driver of a german car so my fault. Its also a floating road so undulates a bit. I ground out when driving at the national speed limit.

029.jpg

We have rented 30 tables plus chairs at the hall for outside use so dont bring your own unless you really want to.

Supporting the raffle on the Saturday night will help to fund the weekend so please buy lots of tickets. There are some great prizes.

Camping. When pitching your tent please try to use the area provided so as to maximise the number of tents we can get on it. It may get busy depending on the weather on the day.

Please add your RSVP to the club calendar if you intend on coming - calendar here :thumbs:

I'll be leading the west coast drive out option, although any attendees from the event two years ago will pardon me this time if I can't provide tea and brownies for 30 people! (Well, maybe...)

The drive will comprise of:

1) Scenic drive up the west coast. This does contain some great relatively unknown roads, but also a lack of passing places, so like the rest of the lakes you might have loads of time to look around as you pootle along behind that tractor!

2) Current activity options are Muncaster Castle and the "Laal Ratty", a miniature steam railway that heads up the Eskdale valley. Muncaster Castle also contains a great birds of prey center and owl sanctuary, plus extensive gardens and cafe.

Additionally, a ride on the wee train could be combined with a short ramble into the valley to see Stanley Gill Waterfall. Probably about 1 - 1.5hrs walking.

Both these options are within a mile of each other, so you could technically do both if you can manage to get up early :lol: As herding Zedders is difficult though, we will probably just do one activity for time reasons.

• Like 1

I'll be there again.

Sadly I will have to sleep in a tent or B&B as I have sold my Honda Accord Camper :lol:

I'm endeavouring to try and get a sports car again on time, but the wife isn't buying my Man-Maths!

Hi Neil they are pretty small, I have 9 cms clearance and get over them. The pub also has a car park and we have plenty of planks. :)

Good stuff mate! I'm about the height of an iPhone on its side at the moment but I can navigate most bumps with minor chassis scraping. :)

We should be able to make it. If theres a leccy hookup in range then that would be ideal, but not the end of the world if we use Martins fridge to hold our drinks :lol:

What happened to the talks of Go Karting? :teeth:

I can confirm Stanley Gill is a good little walk and scramble for those that like that sort of thing, I'm sure Mr AK has a photo somewhere of a recent visit in fact.