Spring mount mod. Ok or not?

L4V15

Hi chaps.

Got some tein s techs on the way. Apparently they keep a decent ride but they don't seem to drop the rear massively. Just wondering whether anyone on here has heard of or done the 'spring mount mod'? If so is it safe or is it not a good thing to do for any reason?

It's basically where you shave off 10mm or less off your rear spring mounts when fittings the springs to give it a little more drop. What are the thoughts?

Regards

Steve

Sounds dodgy. Anything involving adjusting suspension parts that aren't already adjustable could do more harm than good!

Your not adjusting anything just taking off the spring mounts. Do you have the link to them? I dont see why it could be bad as I read about it on my350.

As far as I know from what I have learnt on the forum the tein springs drop 17mm rear and 14mm front by shaving 10mm of you'll drop 27mm and 24mm so why not just buy eibachs that drop 30mm all round or have I completely missed the point? I stand to be corrected, I'm by no means an expert!

Sounds dodgy. Anything involving adjusting suspension parts that aren't already adjustable could do more harm than good!

Your not adjusting anything just taking off the spring mounts. Do you have the link to them? I dont see why it could be bad as I read about it on my350.

Taking off the mounts and shaving them? Then putting them back on. Making them non standard by an amateur. Bad bad idea IMO.

Taking off the mounts and shaving them? Then putting them back on. Making them non standard by an amateur. Bad bad idea IMO.

It looks like an ok mod to me aslong as everything is done properly.

• 2 years later...