just bought this zed so frustrated problem after preblem

nissan350z5660

could well be air trapped in the cooling system, they can be an arse and get coolant filled up right. in some cases people have found that jacking the rear right up when re filling the coolant helps get all the air out.

Edited by rtbiscuit

Sorry to hear, generally Zeds are pretty reliable. I bought mine and within a few months I had to sort out a clicky axle, clutch, flywheel and some paintwork issues (the previous **** owner had a blowover done to cover the paint problems) - cost in the region of £2000. Then I had a year of amazing motoring.

could well be air trapped in the cooling system, they can be an arse and get coolant filled up right. in some cases people have found that jacking the rear right up when re filling the coolant helps get all the air out.

Wouldnt you jack the front up?

• Like 1

Just bite the bullet, my zed also had a few issues (cooling fans went), dropped £700 and not looked back...

Once you climb back in it after having the work done, you'll forget all about it.

+1

My car had a handful of issues when I got it which really got me down and took the shine off of a purchase that I had promised and worked up to.

Luckily I am quite handy with spanners so it was just a case of rolling up my sleeves and getting on with it.

Your problem sounds predominantly fan related - which is a common 'opportunity' with the zed. I would replace the fans, give it a full service - including fresh coolant and see how you go.

Is there any sign of the rad leaking or having had vast numbers of fins cleared?

Don't ask me, I've not done it,as my mechanic uses a pressure filling system. just remember from reading on here.

Don't ask me, I've not done it,as my mechanic uses a pressure filling system. just remember from reading on here.

Lol I'm pretty sure you jack up the front as the higher it is the easier the air escapes. That's why a 2ltr coke bottle with the bottom chopped off can work well because it's the highest point.

im in reading and no they dont kick in at all

Are you able to plumb a 12V supply directly to them or would you not feel comfortable doing that yourself? I am not a million miles away but I will struggle for time to do a reading run before Christmas.

It sounds very much as though it is the fans at fault here - particularly if the level in the rad isn't changing. I seems a stretch for the garage to tell you that the water isn't circulating if they haven't spotted the fans never coming on.

Suposing it is the fans - you can either replace with standards (everyone will jump in and show you the Zedmanalex smiley shortly) or you could go aftermarket. I have used Spal and Kenlowe fans on previous cars and they have always been extremely efficient - be warned though, some are directional and some will go both ways (ooooh matron!)

Stick with it...it doesn't sound terminal, although appreciate the confidence knock when you are worried about watching the temp gauge :thumbs:

Edited by 350Chris