Numberplate valuation

bhavin85

Hi All,

I let go of my zed a few months ago and still have the private plate on retention.

Its N15MDO

As it spell's NIsmo any idea's what its worth ? I got given the plate as a gift so have no idea what someone paid for it originally, but as I am no longer getting a GT-R (lumped for a C Class Coupe instead) I figured it would sell it on to someone that will value the plate.

Any idea's where I could get a valuation or what you think a plate like this would be worth ?

Cheers

Bhav

Online vendors will value it and market it for you however a lot of plates they put up are too expensive and don't sell.

It's difficult to value them as how many people want a plate that looks like Nismo bu not quite....

Personally i think it isnt really worth much at all. I had a plate which was NI3NJA once on a kawaski NINJA motorbike. Cost me £250 from DVLA. When I sold the bike I had it valued and online places said it was worth about £1000. I kept it on retention for several years whilst they advertised it and noone bought it so I just let the retention lapse and now ive no idea who has the plate.

My mate just sold one of his plates on ebay for 80quid, again cost him £250 from DVLA a few years back.

My Zed came with a private plate, R10 OCS, and online evaluations put it at around £250. I doubt I'd get that unless someone called Rio has Obsessive Compulsive Syndrome! I've seen one I'd like to buy, but it's £500 and that's too expensive for me to justify considering I have one already, albeit one that means nothing to me.

As mentioned above, it really is dependent on whether someone else sees value in it, but I'd not set your sights too high otherwise you'll struggle to sell or and / or be disappointed.

As far as nismo plates go that's actually one of the better ones. Iv seen far worse

Plates aren't easy to valuate as everyone sees them differently

Stick it on eBay with no reserve starting at the minimum you would take for it see what happens

If you go to the DVLA website you can search for plates. Almost every other plate that has N15 *MO (apart from N15 SMO) is available and at a cost of £250 all in (incl transfer etc).

The fact that most are still available gives you an indication of how desirable it is (or not). I'd hold onto it in case you do get your GT-R. :thumbs:

I am struggling to sell GT58ZGT that was £320 all in.

I forgot it cant go on a pre late 58 car.

However everything will sell eventually so do what I have done.

Stick it on here and keep bouncing it up the list or ebay.

All the time you have it on retention and not stuck up you are loosing a possible sale.

Think I paid £35 for a year!