First ownership hurdle.... headlights.

benjy88

Now... I've driven cars with bad headlights before (I owned an S13 for a long time) but THIS takes the biscuit. My lights on my '54 plate Zed are absolutely atrocious. Borderline dangerous!!!

Is there any direct replacement bulb that could go in that would actually help? At the moment I'd be better off with a torch strapped to the front, in all seriousness....

HELP!

pop into an MOT centre they'll probably adjust it for free, and they have the beam readers to set it at the right height.

from memory the stock bulbs are 4500k upgrading to 6k might help.

6k will make them bluer/whiter but will actually reduce lumen's. about 4300-4500k is where you get the most light but its that horrible yellow colour.

to be honest strapping torches to the car will most likely help, but just doesn;t look so good.

others upgrade the older lights to the bi xenons from the facelift gen. apparently a lot better, but not as good compared to other manufacturing rivals.

i found my old lights used to drop over time, and getting them re-levelled every so often made a big difference.

i always upgrade my full beams anyway. either to philips or OSRAMs

• 3 weeks later...

i'm surprised by this thread - i've been amazed by how clear/bright my lights are - did they change them in the 06/07 models?

Yes, they were upgraded to bi-xenon's. An improvement but TBH the lights on my 55 reg are acceptable, I don't know if this is possible but maybe they degrade over time?

Pete

• 11 months later...

Just digging up an old thread (using the search :D )

My nearside HID bulb has gone and i need to replace it. Looking at Biscuit's and Dblock's posts, is it better to go for a brand like phillips that is just 4300k or is a 6k better?

I just want as much light as possible, but don't really want it to be yellow. Also is it worth putting better bulbs in the full beams while i'm at it? - I have an 05 pre-facelift so they aren't HIDs.

I had played with the idea in my head of fitting something like this too a couple of months ago and now i'm thinkng about it again. someone talk me out of it!!! :lol:

445_AMR_WEC2013_Rnd3_Le_Mans_24Hour.JPG