Nismo S tune exhaust

Phlukey

Weldina is not the same as the US version, the JDM weldina is quieter and you won't find many over here.

I personally think there are better systems than the Nismo, it's nice dont get me wrong but there are better true dual systems out there, The Ypipe on the Nismo is prone to failing after a short amount of time too.

Well I think I am hooked on the look and sound of the Nismo after seeing more of them (damn my expensive tastes! Lol). Thanks for the advice though. Think once I eventually get one (which sounds like it could be an eternity at this rate) I am going to add some Berks HFCs too (and perhaps a different y pipe from what I've heard) and maybe a cold air intake too. What's peoples opinions on the best intake.... Narrowed it down to JW, ARC or Nismo????

So anyone want to be kind enough to end my misery and sell me their Nismo S tune please? Come on, it is Christmas! ;-p lol Failing that, what is the best price new that one can be had for, group buys included?

Lots of intakes going on the new site,

JWTs are in stock,

But can also supply

AFE takeda

Injen

AEM

Stillen

Weapon R

K&N

Probably more, I can't do big discounts on the web price on the Nismo as there's not much margin on them plus import costs are going up about 5% in the new year unfortunately

I wouldn't bother with a CAI if i am honest, a Nismo with Berks would be all the noise you want. I had a JWT pop charger fitted with my nismo for a year or so and could not believe the difference when i re-fitted the original airbox back on (engine felt way better). I just have a K&N panel filter fitted to the standard airbox these days.

I wouldn't worry about heat soak etc, it's really not going to affect the everyday driver, cold air intakes can suck water up if you go through heavy amount of water but you can get protective covers, short ram intakes look the part and they all sound great. Performance wise you can't get much better than the Stillen high capacity intake.

nismos are nice but for the kind of money they go for even second hand there is a world of other exhausts out there that sound just as good if not better.

i'd be looking straight at the tannabe hyper medallion to start with, some of the ARK stuff is good as well. Invidia have some great systems. at the lower end the likes of cobra are very good VFM.

but what ever you do dont put crap speed on it. stay away from the K1 yes its loud but its unrefined and not in a good way. buddy club offer a far better option.

be warned on the nismo exhausts that there have been quiet a few occurances of the flixi joints needing replacing, as they have warn out, split and come apart. although it seems more common on lower cars where due to the nismo design the flexi can catch on things like speedbumps etc.

personally i think the nismo is over priced for what it is. but then thats just me, and people buy it for the badge.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I love mine, and the sound is beautiful.. Will sound even better on Friday once my high flow cats I got off Steve a few months ago are fitted but if the car hadnt come with it I wouldn't have forked out the cost of the nismo versus others out there.. Specially as its chewed 2 Y's in 3 years.. :-0

Still it sounds sweet. ;)

I love mine, and the sound is beautiful.. Will sound even better on Friday once my high flow cats I got off Steve a few months ago are fitted but if the car hadnt come with it I wouldn't have forked out the cost of the nismo versus others out there.. Specially as its chewed 2 Y's in 3 years.. :-0

It's fighting fit again since we swapped out the Y pipe for you a few weeks back... B)

• Like 1

Nice! ;-) What do the Nismo's tend to fetch second hand in good condition?

They can be anything between £650-£850 second hand.

nice, mines going up in value then

Especially as it is hardly run-in yet :p:lol:

It's fighting fit again since we swapped out the Y pipe for you a few weeks back... B)

Can't wait for Friday Mitz..

The purr will make me swoon :teeth: and some sexy spokes for the sunshine :cloud9:

• Like 2