Always....ALWAYS carry a bottle of water....

AMT

Ok, so I'm not one of these people who sit around scraping windows... use a big coke bottle of very VERY cold water lol and it'll still be slightly warmer than the ice, gently apply and wipe..easy. Before leavin, fill back up again and sit in the passenger footwell incase ur wipers freeze up etc. :disguise:

BUT... theres many many other uses for this...

Went for petrol...and its -3... mmmm, got to the petrol station, cap won't open... HOLD ON! I'll use my life saving bottle of tepid water! :yahoo: BANG...its open...twist inside cap off, VPower B) ..in...close cap... aha... problem...the plastic cable bit that spins around the cap is frozen...BOTTLE OF WATER (being careful not to get it in the fuel side of the cap)....works a treat... twist shut, close filler lid.....it won't close... and you quickly glance some sort of stub and assume you've broke something...DAMMIT. Pay for petrol take home, torch out...find its just a support stub thing and the issue is the latch and the hole for the latch has ice...(again being careful where you put it) ...apply said life saving bottle of tepid water....BANG and the lid is shut...so...

Always...carry a bottle of water with you...

Winter adventures, don't you just love em'! :dry:

I'm gonna market this stuff....

It doesn't... lol Unless you have a poorly sealed car. I had this worry when I got it cos' every Nissan I'd seen had ice on the INSIDE of the windows :blink: Didn't happen with my last car, didn't even happen with my £900 99' Corsa I had as my first car... but my Zed.. fine, not an issue. I leave the water in while im in at work, just fine when I come out...ready to save the day....see..

Life saving bottle of tepid water... get one while its hot....er..tepid :)

Aw no I hate that stuff, leaves all the 'gunk' on your window. And even still, doesn't get it first time lol. Bin... thats where you can put your de-icer lol Plus howz that gonna help in tight bits like a fuel filler?....aha... :lol: aw god people do realise this is a joke eh? lol

Edited by AMT250

Aw no I hate that stuff, leaves all the 'gunk' on your window. And even still, doesn't get it first time lol. Bin... thats where you can put your de-icer lol Plus howz that gonna help in tight bits like a fuel filler?....aha... :lol: aw god people do realise this is a joke eh? lol

Maybe not cos it wasnt funny?

I prefer to pee on my filler cap to defrost it.

Additional use.......pour water on amt250's computer to restrict delivery of obscure spamalicious threads.

In retrospect i think i actually preferred the Hyundai and endless 'how should i finance the zed' threads :lol:

Edited by Ricey

Additional use.......pour water on amt250's computer to restrict delivery of obscure spamalicious threads.

In retrospect i think i actually preferred the Hyundai and endless 'how should i finance the zed' threads :lol:

+1, or pee on it.

I usually see AMT250 then read the thread. I put water into the screenwash this morning but not sure as it wasnt volvic. Does that mean the car will blow up?

better not give dblock a lift as he seems to leak on peoples cars, dread to think what he'd be like in one. :lol:

:lol:thats why mine has got leather.

I dont see why peeing wouldnt work. Car gets dirty anyway :lol:

But seriously though if your petrol cap was stuck spray deicer or screenwash on it. Not water as it will freeze again! I can remember 1 day 2 years ago it was about -16c and water was freezing solid as soon as it touched the car. Even deicer was getting slushy. Now I'm not saying it that cold but just dont use water.

Ignoring the fact that pouring water all over your car when it is below freezing is a daft idea, the stuff that goes on the ground? Yeah, that freezes too Einstein...

I have already had the unbridled joy of watching my neighbour pour water over her windscreen, tell me off for saying it was a bad idea and then having 2 hours of smug "I told you so" ness looking out of my bedroom window while she stayed stuck in her ice rink parking spot the next day :) Little victories.

I normally stare really hard at the windscreen to clear the ice on my car, works a treat. It's a battle of minds.

Last time it took from quarter to five in the morning until about midday and it was gone. Got some odd looks from people and initially it was a bit cold but what do they know, didn't cost me a penny either. Also by the time I'd 'out-stared the ice' the sun was up and it was nice and warm and I had a lovely day :)

• Like 2