Bit floody out there!

AK350Z

There are some massive puddles down here. People are driving through them with no respect at all. They've got no idea what is lurking in them, and they are spraying everyone and everything as they do it.

I was expecting to see a car get stuck at some point today in my travels.

What's lurking in there?!?!? Sea monsters? You need to tell them!

There are some massive puddles down here. People are driving through them with no respect at all. They've got no idea what is lurking in them, and they are spraying everyone and everything as they do it.

I was expecting to see a car get stuck at some point today in my travels.

What's lurking in there?!?!? Sea monsters? You need to tell them!

The worst danger would be a dislodged manhole cover, can do an horrendous amount of damage.

Pete

That bloke that died under the bridge was a grade A idiot. There's a massive flood condition in your area, you can't have failed to miss this as even if you didn't see the news then you'd have seen all the rain, and then he decides to go and drive through a ford?!?! That's just utter stupidity, and whilst I feel for his family and friends I have no sympathy for him at all.

Hope no-one on here gets affected by it too much, and please don't be like the guy above and stay safe :)

I noticed he was driving a 4WD, the main problem is that these make the owners feel invincible and they take crazy chances. There was a similar accident yesterday in Wales involving a woman driver getting swept away in a Chelsea Tractor, she was very lucky to survive. Its the same in snow too, I've seen numerous 4WD's that have finished up in ditches.

Pete

So much rain in this area, never seen the fields so flooded. To many 4x4 owners driving around this area taking many risks, when going through deep puddles not slowing down enough and soaking other drivers :angry:

• Like 1

That bloke that died under the bridge was a grade A idiot. There's a massive flood condition in your area, you can't have failed to miss this as even if you didn't see the news then you'd have seen all the rain, and then he decides to go and drive through a ford?!?! That's just utter stupidity, and whilst I feel for his family and friends I have no sympathy for him at all.

Hope no-one on here gets affected by it too much, and please don't be like the guy above and stay safe :)

I noticed he was driving a 4WD, the main problem is that these make the owners feel invincible and they take crazy chances. There was a similar accident yesterday in Wales involving a woman driver getting swept away in a Chelsea Tractor, she was very lucky to survive. Its the same in snow too, I've seen numerous 4WD's that have finished up in ditches.

Pete

So much rain in this area, never seen the fields so flooded. To many 4x4 owners driving around this area taking many risks, when going through deep puddles not slowing down enough and soaking other drivers :angry:

Agreed. Also it was a great point about a dislodged manhole etc, or some bricks etc. I don't really care if you mess your car up, but it's when you lose control and smash into me, that's the issue.

Although it's been belting down all day we have virtually no flooding at all here. The only problem I'm having is that my septic tank can't cope with this much rain and is overflowing into a drainage ditch. The local stream is really roaring along but its fast flowing and well below the level of our house. I would imagine that the fields alongside the A55 in the Chester area will be well awash and will probably not dry out for months.

Pete

Although it's been belting down all day we have virtually no flooding at all here. The only problem I'm having is that my septic tank can't cope with this much rain and is overflowing into a drainage ditch. The local stream is really roaring along but its fast flowing and well below the level of our house. I would imagine that the fields alongside the A55 in the Chester area will be well awash and will probably not dry out for months.

Pete

My house backs onto some of those fields... fortunately its not come into my garden yet....

Dodged a bullet last night, as you've probably seen on the news St. Asaph took a real battering (that's where my Zed was bought) as did Ruthin both about 20 miles from here. It has at last stopped raining but it's going to take a while for the floods to subside. What's next?, well I'm hearing there may be snow over the weekend :scare:.

Pete

Dodged a bullet last night, as you've probably seen on the news St. Asaph took a real battering (that's where my Zed was bought) as did Ruthin both about 20 miles from here. It has at last stopped raining but it's going to take a while for the floods to subside. What's next?, well I'm hearing there may be snow over the weekend :scare:.

Pete

Yeah a few folks in the office live out that way, i was surpsied to bump into one guy who lives in Llanduddno earlier.

Hope all of our members as well as their properties are safe out there.

I feel for the poor people who can no longer get insurance due to prvious floods