Mid Life Crisis (with reference to the BBC)

ianphampton

My Uncle turned 60 and bought a Saab convertible...

Just after I turned 28 (about a year after he got the Saab) I bought my Z. He's not too chuffed, especially being as my aunt likes it more.

Not sure what it really says about age and Saab and emanating mid-life crises, either way I'm glad I got mine out the way and have my Z now!

When the first turbo Saabs came out they were loved by everyone under 30, the thump in the back from the turbo lag was a whole new power thing then being one of the first FI cars that ordinary peeps could reasonably afford. :)

Sadly the latest generation Saabs hold no appeal at all for me but then I haven't grown up, when it coms to cars, with my age :lol:

I must be an early developer, as by 23yo I had a 350z, 3(ish) yrs later I had a 370z and now I've hit 30 I've got a VW van to do into a camper van. Well ahead of my time! Think I need to get the R6 back on the road and reclaim some of my youth! :lol:

Buying a sports car when you hit 'mid life' is only applicable if you have prior history of driving crap cars and probably aren't much good at driving.

Associating a contemporary SAAB with a mid life crisis is lame reporting which is lucky to have kicked off this thread. Although I did run a GM 900 Turbo for a year or so which was rubbish and excellent in roughly equal measure, it could have been fantastic with a few simple improvements :D