I saw this the other day for 2 mins....

AMT

Sorry for the random odd post ...but I'm still having fun with the new Z lol :teeth: ... This came up and I just had to snap it.... then it went away again after 2 mins to 29... then back to the usual 23... lol Horrendous... I love it! :lol:

350Z-MPG13-11-121.jpg

HOW?!.... I can only get it to sit their for a few moments then a corner comes up... lol And I had to do 50 and drive like a granny....if im nice it'll do 27-29 no probs but... I can't help overtake things that are doing 40 in 60 :lol:

HOW?!.... I can only get it to sit their for a few moments then a corner comes up... lol And I had to do 50 and drive like a granny....if im nice it'll do 27-29 no probs but... I can't help overtake things that are doing 40 in 60 :lol:

That was with a very spirited drive to Hockenheim with one of our Danish contingent as well!

when was the last time you reset the mileometer. i rest mine after every fill up. if you do that you should get the average MPG per tank. if you never reset it. then its reading the average since you last reset. which could be months or years. and the longer you leave to reset. the harder it is to get the average up.

if you want the 90 odd mpg, then wait till your cruising down a hill at about 55 mph, then reset it. and watch the super high number for all of a few minutes.

That fuel mpg was reading so high because I had to get back from the Lake District on just under quarter of a tank. I didn't want to pay extortionate motorway prices and couldn't find a Shell for the life of me. I was following Chris'I all the way back and we didn't slouch either.

It's the first few miles that kill the M.P.G and driving in bumper to bumper queues when it warms up. Unlike most people I prefer to know my overall M.P.G over an extended period so my computer never gets reset, however, I always leave the computer displaying DTE and I've seen that drop around 10 miles in the first couple of miles on a really cold day.

Pete

i use the milage app on my phone every fill up. have tracked every fill up on the last 3 cars. may sound sad, but its helped me notice that my engine had started to run rich as the car was drinking more thsn usual and my mpg had dropped by 6 overall. quick obd check and i had a hidden code for dodgy lamda sensor. should be going in for replacement on friday. also good for monitoring new mods to see if they make a difference. for instance my new hfcs and exhaust saw an improvemrnt in mpg

i use the milage app on my phone every fill up. have tracked every fill up on the last 3 cars. may sound sad, but its helped me notice that my engine had started to run rich as the car was drinking more thsn usual and my mpg had dropped by 6 overall. quick obd check and i had a hidden code for dodgy lamda sensor. should be going in for replacement on friday. also good for monitoring new mods to see if they make a difference. for instance my new hfcs and exhaust saw an improvemrnt in mpg

The best way to do it IMO. Car computers are notoriously inaccurate.

Which mileage app do you use Mr Biscuit?

Thanks

I do exactly the same and it also identified my clutch was starting to slip as i'd dropped a few MPG over several fill ups. Sounds strange but the car was hiding it well and soon after i'd picked up something wasnt right the app was proved right.

That said over 2 years (while I've had the app, coming up to 3 years Zed ownership) the zed has averaged 20.43mpg, it also tracks expenses and reminds me of things like TAX, Insurance, servicing due etc etc. App is called Road Trip on iOS, not sure if an Android version is available.

Most I've got out of a tank is 26.1 and that was up to Edinburgh from Chester with mixed driving... once I got to Carlisle (Roadster). Even when I do a long journey I like to break it up with some A roads as motorway cruising really does my noggin in... oh and it means I can drop the roof which doesnt help the figures either :blush:

That fuel mpg was reading so high because I had to get back from the Lake District on just under quarter of a tank. I didn't want to pay extortionate motorway prices and couldn't find a Shell for the life of me. I was following Chris'I all the way back and we didn't slouch either.

I can confirm that we werent driving like Miss Daisy on the way home. Ian did have a good bit of drafting for a long part of it though ;):lol:

He is now fully schooled in the methods required to save fuel whilst making good progress. A lot of it is down to not slowing down and speeding up all the time. If you keep momentum you can make surprising progress at a descent speed and also get good MPG.