Williams F1 Ceramic Coat

Ewan27

My boss is buying the new Jag XJ Estate from Lloyds in Carlisle and was telling me about the above (for £300!) which offers all kinds of claims. I did some research but didn't reach any conclusions as no one had this ceramic coat fitted. Has anyone heard of it? It appears you can buy the coating for less than £100 and then get a detailer to apply it. I'm in South West Scotland, anyone reasonably local that would recommend and offer this service, or an alternative?

It sounds like one of the things that dealers try to up sell... It's usually part of the sales KPI and will be where they make a lot of their commission.

As to whether it's good or worth it, I couldn't say, but £300 will buy you a massive amount of wax / products which give proven results?

My personal feeling is that it's just a sales gimmick.

It'll be of the same ilk as Supaguard etc.

Now, My Mum didn't listen to me and got her car supaguarded, I'm sure it was 'thrown in' but still.....

If I'm honest it does leave a good surface thats easy to wash and does come up nicely.

Would I pay £300 for it? Nope. But I like cleaning cars and have all the stuff to do it. Would I pay £300 for it if I didn't like doing it and didn't have the stuff? Maybe!

If he wants a ceramic coating he should get some Cquartz UK or Optiseal .... £40 ish, easy to apply, proven and enough for lots of cars.

Reduces scratching to a degree, protects paint well, chipping will happen anyway due to the nature of them.

Best solution, as always ... Machine polish paint so perfect and then get a decent protection film on there

Jeez is that all? I'll stick to my Dodo Juice Light Fantastic & Rainforest Rub in that case....

Yup - if I still had a car I wanted to look good I'd rather do the detailing myself :thumbs:

For now though, the Saab hasn't been washed since I bought it! :lol:

Dodo stuff is good value

I prefer Zaino personally.

Once I've got a spare day the new Zed will be getting a thorough going over

As soon as I got her home I fed the leather, washed it, Iron-X'd the wheels (amazing stuff this) and waxed it with Dodo Supernatural Hybrid wax (to get something on it as there was clearly no wax there at all)

Full detail write up will be more comprehensive. Someone has used 'wiper blade' drying things on it and there are some nice long scratches in the clearcoat to get rid of :)