tyres?

Chan267

Once you start reading reviews you go nuts. Every tyre is great and rubbish. Eg. MPSS is orgasmic in the dry but prone to aquaplaning. Then somebody else says the opposite. I suspect it's all in their heads.

different cars and sizes react differently e.g. a 305 will aquaplane in comparison to a 185

Affordability isn't a problem. I will probably put MPSS on the front and on the rear when those run out. Or Falkens, whatever the local place has. Tyre "reviews" are daft. Some guy says he can feel the effect of 1 extra psi in a tyre. IMO you could secretly swap his tyre for a half inflated retread and he would not feel any difference until you told him about it.

Again, depends on the car. I felt a huge difference having the new Contis on the beemer the other day, mostly because I got them pumped up to 46psi (4psi below what BMW recommend :O ) instead of the 38psi I had them at with the PS2s. The car is more responsive and I feel much more positive about the direction of the car than before. I've just upped the tyre pressures on the Z32 from 32psi at the front and 34psi at the rear, to 36psi at the front and 38psi at the rear, after doing some research into the optimal pressures for a Z32 on 19" wheels and tyres. We're off to Trax tomorrow, so hopefully will feel a difference just on the motorway, but with any luck will make some difference on the track too. Hopefully for the better.

Affordability isn't a problem. I will probably put MPSS on the front and on the rear when those run out. Or Falkens, whatever the local place has. Tyre "reviews" are daft. Some guy says he can feel the effect of 1 extra psi in a tyre. IMO you could secretly swap his tyre for a half inflated retread and he would not feel any difference until you told him about it.

I agree 1 or 2 psi out and you can feel it.

• Like 1

How does the MPSS work in winter ? Does it do snow ? Doesn't have to be brilliant.

I recall the Rx8 on the factory fit RE050s would not do snow, even on the flat. The slightest road camber would stop you getting out of the drive. Any and I mean any snow and you can't leave the house. Many owners swapped over to RE050a, which, apart from being better in the wet, did cope with a bit of snow.