Noob wishing for a Zed

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Saturday came and went....

but shes now here :yahoo:

Went down last night to pick her up. All nice and shiney and clean. Few minor niggles. Where they had removed the satnav (they wanted £500 more as they didnt know it was there!), they removed the whole cubby not just the screen. Its apparently on back order so I now have a nice hole in the dash. Going to plonk my lilliput 7" monitor in there to fill the hole (and hide it when parked). Also they didnt remove the GPS reciever from the strut brace (took me 2 mins to remove) and it seems they have left a load of wiring from the satnav behind. I'm going to ring them and ask to see if I can get just the cubby minus the screen so I can at least have the flip down cover to hide the hole. Also going to fit my Pioneer HU tonight weather permitting. To be fair they have serviced it, and it was pretty well valleted (sp?)

Have to say it doesnt feel super quick, I think because it is very planted and solid. Certainly deceptive with the ar*e spedo not matching the real speedo if you get what I mean. Just need to learn to drive it now!

Piccies to follow.

:D

grats and enjoy :)

tell em not to bother getting the cubby but give you cash for it - then buy the 2003 cubby which you can get the lilliput in easilly (bitch to do with the 2004+ cubby).. unless they can source you a 2003 cubby of course (went to 2 UK dealers who couldnt - and the 2004 cubby was priced at over 100 quid, I imported a 2003 cubby for 75 quid total..)

Have to say it doesnt feel super quick, I think because it is very planted and solid. Certainly deceptive with the ar*e spedo not matching the real speedo if you get what I mean. Just need to learn to drive it now!

Piccies to follow.

Thats a standard comment tbh...... I still feel that the car doesn't feel "super quick" its just that you look down and you are doing a lot! You right, its cos its planted and heavy, solid etc......

Glad you enjoying it though!

Piccies to follow.

I felt the same after trading in my Ibiza for it. The Z is to civilised compared to the Ibiza. After having it for 6months now though it really is a lot quicker than my Ibiza, My passengers now hold on when accelerating :lol:

grats and enjoy :)

tell em not to bother getting the cubby but give you cash for it - then buy the 2003 cubby which you can get the lilliput in easilly (bitch to do with the 2004+ cubby).. unless they can source you a 2003 cubby of course (went to 2 UK dealers who couldnt - and the 2004 cubby was priced at over 100 quid, I imported a 2003 cubby for 75 quid total..)

Thats interesting to know.

Obviously its an 03, so would it be best to get whats left of the cubby back from them? How easy was it to import an 03 standard cubby?

Can you PM me details of where to get an 03 cubby? I'm worried now that I will be left with an 04 :thumbdown:

yeah you dont want to get stuck with an 04 cubby - if they can only supply an 04 then tell them not to bother is my advice.

importing an 03 cubby was very easy - ordered from USA and was delivered by parcelforce a week later once i paid the custom duty online. search for my posts and you should see some info about it.

That's great news Chris. I'll have to look out for you when I'm driving around town. What are the first couple of letters on your reg so I can spot you? I often see a 53 GM on my way to work, but I guess that can't be you!

Hope to see you around soon.

Tim

That's great news Chris. I'll have to look out for you when I'm driving around town. What are the first couple of letters on your reg so I can spot you? I often see a 53 GM on my way to work, but I guess that can't be you!

Tim

Hey Tim,

I'm OE53 so keep an eye out :)

I see a GM 53 going into Basingstoke quite a lot when I am leaving heading towards Reading. Not suer its anyone on here though.

Tim

OE53 is from the very first batch of zeds to hit our shores. My kuro was also OE53 :)

Hey Tim,

I'm OE53 so keep an eye out :)

I see a GM 53 going into Basingstoke quite a lot when I am leaving heading towards Reading. Not suer its anyone on here though.