What colour wheels on my Silver Z... Candy Red (Pics on page 3!!)

D8NMT

I have owned my Z for a few months now and carried out a few small modifications,

next on my list is to have the wheels re-furbished and powder coated.

I quite fancy a colour change, but i'm not sure what to go for (my car is silver)

What are people's opinions? I'm thinking of going for a gloss gun metal/anthracite colour, but any suggestions are welcome?

Any pictures of this colour on a silver z would be appreciated.

Here is my car as she is now : http://www.flickr.co...N02/7772560038/

Options are:

1 - High power silver

2 - Gun metal Grey

Wildcard - Gloss candy Red!

UPDATE!!

I've been playing on photoshop, i've uploaded some image below as I thought it would be helpful for people trying to decide! This is my first go on photoshop so they may not be the best!

I think i'm going to go for the gun metal grey!

Gun Metal :

350z_wheels_darkgrey_zpsde53689d.jpg

Black:

350z_wheels_black_zpsf0b4f5ea.jpg

Crazy Red:

350z_wheels_bright_red_zps2fa6c48c.jpg

and Pink!

350z_wheels_pink_zps6b8df021.jpg

thanks

Edited by D8NMT

I'm in the same position at the moment, my Zed is silver with the Ray's and due to corrosion i want them refurbished.

I like the combination of anthracite wheels on Silver cars normally but also like the Rays in their standard colour.

This thread may help you to decide..

http://www.350z-uk.c...efurbed-wheels/

Thanks!

Yes that has helped a lot, the anthracite wheels look great on that Z.

If I am going to be honest mate....... I would try and pick up some rays 18 alloys..... so you can still use your current tyres as they look sooo much better imo AND then paint them candy red :lol::blush:

Mine will be up for sale very shortly (just spent four hours washing claying and waxing them) if you're after a set of rays 18" jobbies, in southampton tho not sure where you are?

Mine will be up for sale very shortly (just spent four hours washing claying and waxing them) if you're after a set of rays 18" jobbies, in southampton tho not sure where you are?

I could be very interested in these, i'm only in Eastleigh too.

I'll keep my eye's peeled for a For Sale thread soon.

Jon

Gunmetal will look excellent, let us know if we can also help with the suspension too, springs and coilovers both available from us, we can also fit them too - http://cougarstore.c...index&cPath=1_9 :)

Thanks CS, can you advise on which set of springs provide the greatest drop from ones you have fit in the past. I've purchased springs for cars in the past that claim a 30 or 40mm drop and look no different!

I was looking at APEX or Eibach, but i understand the APEX ones lower slightly more?

Thanks

No problem at all, both the Eibach and Apex have a drop of 30mm, after supplying and fitting the Eibachs I would say they have the most realistic drop, we have seen a Zed with Apex springs fitted too... :)

The Eibachs are also tried and tested many times over and the quality of Eibach has always been excellent... :)

Excellent - I have heard nothing but good things about the Eibach's, so it sounds like they are worth paying a bit more for.

Thanks for the info