New Tyres, help...

ChrisP

Today I've bought 19" Falken FK452 for just under £600. . .

Proving a little slippy so far but still need breaking in ;)

...£509 up here matey :thumbs:

19" 245/35 & 275/35???

I not grumbling tho as they picked my wheels up from home and are gonna drop the old ones off next week at my new house ;)

19" 245/35 & 275/35???

I not grumbling tho as they picked my wheels up from home and are gonna drop the old ones off next week at my new house ;)

From the factory floor direct to your door :thumbs:

I've got the 19" 225/35, same rears, could explain slight difference in price :thumbs:

19" 245/35 & 275/35???

From the factory floor direct to your door :thumbs:

I've got the 19" 225/35, same rears, could explain slight difference in price :thumbs:

why you got the same rears mate???

225 was the std width, decided to stay with that as i'm still running a 8" wide rim on the front. I'd heard people saying that going with wider front you could loose some of the handling. Putting a larger width on front doesn't necessarily mean more grip when cornering, due to the cambering of the wheel when turning. A wider tyre can also have other detrimental effects such as increased aquaplaning and friction (resistance) as well as increased steering feedback which may be good but up to a point.

Just my opinion, it all personal preference

It's approaching 'new tyre' time, anyone got suggestions about which tyres work best with the Z?

Thanks

If you are on 18's then toyo's are pretty much liked. They are alot better than the original tyres fitted.

:welcome: by the way.

Another good value alternative would be Falken FK452s. I've yet to hear anything negative about them (other than they're too cheap :dry: ) and plenty of good things. Would probably cost slightly less than the Toyos. :)

Just found an incredibly interesting and informative set of websites... might be worthy of a sticky on the tech forums?

All information is unbiased (not sponsored) and seems to know what he's talking about...

Engine oil

Suspension

Wheel and tyre

Brakes

Fuel and engine

Transmission

etc...

really worth a read if you are interested in techno-geeky-automotive stuff. :wacko:

For the HOME page of all these pages go to:

www.carbibles.com

as an example regarding a currently active thread on tyres,

The Wheel and Tyre Bible: Everything from Tyres sizes, calculators, offsets, etc...

http://www.chris-longhurst.com/carbible ... bible.html