New owner in Southampton

Hello all :wave:

Signed up to the forum a few weeks ago to have a nose as I was looking for a new car and wanted some tips for buying a 350z

Anyway as of yesterday I am a proud owner of a '54 plate Blade Silver 'Z' with Black leather and GT pack

I am so happy to be back in a petrol car after my old E90 BMW 320d, and what a car the 350z is. All I can think about is getting in the car and going for a drive, lol.

I got the car for a price I was happy with and only had to travel 60 miles to pick it up :yahoo:

The car is standard apart from a Scorpion exhaust and some tired looking 'Z' badges which the previous owner had changed the Nissan badges for.

The car has some niggles which I will be sorting over the coming months such as,

Weathered 'Z' badges front and rear

Corrosion and peeling on the front wiper arms

Front bumper respray due to stone chips

Corrosion and slight curbing to alloys

Clicking rear axel

Double press of boot release required to open boot

And if I can I'd like to add,

a shorter ariel

Bose hack for my iPhone/iPod

Folding mirrors on lock/unlock

Carbon dipped steering wheel control panel

Carbon cover for the bottom middle bit of the bumper

But other than that enjoy it.

I spent today giving it a spruce up, I had to scrape handfuls of mud out of the arches and I think the door shuts, filler cap to had never been cleaned before :bang: but I'm happy now, just finished cleaning and conditioning the leather and having a rest now.

Anyway, that's me for now. I look forward to hanging around the forums they seem a cracking place with lots of information and a great bunch of members.

Jon

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I wouldn't mind meeting a few local owners but I guess meets are few and far between in the autumn/winter months.

I really do have fully fledged zeditis, I have the cure though...... Bank card, petrol station and my right foot! B)

Roll on the weekend for the first part of my project tidy up, re-furb the wiper arms and fix the boot release issue. I'll also get a quote for my bumper respray and try and get it booked in.

I do like a good project.

Jon

Hi from another southampton owner, quite a few of us i think, we should arrange a mini meet somewhere soon :thumbs: leisure word or somewhere like that?

Welcome to the forums mate and get some pics up of your car :thumbs: As Greddy said seems to be a few of us close to each other and Im only 15 minutes away so a mini meet woudl be good. Maybe a combined Winch/South and Bournemouth and meet somewhere in between the two :clap:

Hi from another southampton owner, quite a few of us i think, we should arrange a mini meet somewhere soon :thumbs: leisure word or somewhere like that?

Welcome to the forums mate and get some pics up of your car :thumbs: As Greddy said seems to be a few of us close to each other and Im only 15 minutes away so a mini meet woudl be good. Maybe a combined Winch/South and Bournemouth and meet somewhere in between the two :clap:

Sound ok 2 me :thumbs:

Sound ok 2 me :thumbs:

If Zugs attends it'll get silly, you have been warned :D

P6230113.jpg