scratch removel HELP.

SwanageDave

Someone here is a thug....... :thumbdown:

Can't agree, there are too many turds in the world who think they can do what the hell they like. Sounds like there was enough provocation to me so I won't be condemning Dave. He hasn't gloated about it, just been matter of fact. Who knows how any of us might react in the same circumstances.

I wish I was brave enough to do what Dave did ... my reposts in these circumstances are usually verbal, which often do the trick; but I'd love to have a few more, let's say, 'unforgettable solutions' to arsey behaviour by the great unwashed in our society ... I say good on ya' an' keep on keepin' on :thumbs:

Although I don't really agree with violence, being a skinny little rat. I think as people said there are too many little buggers that think they can get away with anything. My dad used to get a clip round the ear from the local bobby. And he is a great, honest man.

I see it all the time working in young offenders prisons. That the little sods don't care about doing time coz its so damn easy.

I think sometimes a good "lesson" is a good idea to some of these trouble makers. It's a shame they get lost in all the red tape and human rights crap. Rather than being punished properly.

Thank's mostly for the support on what i did, I Didnt post it on here to gloat but sometimes they do need pointing in the right direction, And all i wanted to know was where to get some black hole glaze from lol. so if you can help i would be grateful. And to keep all the little scummy people safe my wife has grounded me for a month :blush:

Thank's mostly for the support on what i did, I Didnt post it on here to gloat but sometimes they do need pointing in the right direction, And all i wanted to know was where to get some black hole glaze from lol. so if you can help i would be grateful. And to keep all the little scummy people safe my wife has grounded me for a month :blush:

Next time just knock 'em down and then wee down their mouth ... less hassle lol :thumbs:

I wouldn't expect much from Black Hole Glaze if you trying to mask even light scratches. It's not designed for that and I had very little success with it when I was trying to hide some very light bumper marks prior to getting them properly sorted.

You would be better off with Turtle Wax Colour Magic. I know some people are a bit snooty about their products, but Colour magic is quite effective at filling minor scratches until you can get them done properly. :thumbs:

I wouldn't expect much from Black Hole Glaze if you trying to mask even light scratches. It's not designed for that and I had very little success with it when I was trying to hide some very light bumper marks prior to getting them properly sorted.

You would be better off with Turtle Wax Colour Magic. I know some people are a bit snooty about their products, but Colour magic is quite effective at filling minor scratches until you can get them done properly. :thumbs:

a temp fix/cover up could be some black crayon

Isn`t the turtle wax Colour magic just a black crayon? with a similar polish/compound to the black hole?

It comes with what they call a scratch stick, which is basically a crayon. But I wouldn't recommend using it - it's pants! The useful stuff is the polish itself which contains a black pigment that is quite effective at masking minor scratches by filling them with colour.

I use Black Hole a lot and it does make the car look good, but although one of its selling points is supposed to be hiding swirls etc its not really up to disguising scratches. You can tell the difference between the two if you use them with a cloth - Colour Magic will properly dye it while Black Hole will wash out easily. :thumbs:

A healthy dose of Megs Ultimate Compound followed by Menzerna FF3000 should get most things out using a DA, and anything over that is probably going to need repainting.

Whilst I firmly respect the action that Dave took, it's not something I would ever consider doing myself nor would I recommend others do it. Kids these days don't respect the fact that once both sides have had their pop, then it's over. Now it's all reprisals over and over and over, and escalating all the time. Back in my day (and I'm only 32!) you could end up with a huge punch up on a Friday night, then once it was over you'd more than likely end up drinking with the bloke until the small hours. Maybe that's just because I'm from a relatively small town and city life is different, but that's how it was.

I say well done Dave and good job. As a 26 year old myself I can say a lot of people in my generation don't care about any authority figure as there is no punishment. There seems to be a divide between people like me who work hard and are a civilised member of the public and then literally about 50% who don't care about working or the authorities. For the second 50% getting arrested adds some entertainment to their life and they know for a fact that the likelyhood of anything happening is slim and even if they do get sent to prison for something then it just means they get to meet their friends and make more contacts and find out how to conduct more crime. I had an incident a few years ago when I completely flipped at someone who was being a sh**, I still see him around and he has said to me several times that it was the best thing that happened to him because it got hime to sort his life out. A lot of the time these days younger people know that others wont do anything and so they push and push and it's only when someone snaps that they learn the consequences of their actions.

By no means am I saying that we should take the law into our own hands (honestly I don't have a solution as the only people who could resolve it is the governement and lets face it that will never happen) but I do think that little sh**s need to be put in their place now and again, it's just unfortunate that if you were the one to do it you are likely to get in trouble and a normal memeber of the public has a lot to loose.

Stuff

I agree 100% with jell36.

It's a tricky one isn't it?

Society's aversion to discipline (mostly in the home & classroom) and the lack of deterents / filling of our gaols means that we are in this spiral of antisocial behaviour.

It's no surprise that the Swanage Daves of this world take matters into their own hands. I must say that having been a victim of similar things and seeing how they pan out afterwards when the perps hit the soft justice system I might be tempted to lash out myself in future.

I think the public's general attitude to discipline, especially physical punishment is changing and I honestly think this is a good thing. Most parents know where to draw the line and shouldn't be tarred with the brush of those who don't - I had a few slaps to the legs and it's part of the reason I know where the boundaries of respect are.

In Dave's case it sounds like the little mongtards had it coming - the fact that the *****'s father admitted as much speaks volumes, I just hope that it ends there.

I say well done Dave and good job. As a 26 year old myself I can say a lot of people in my generation don't care about any authority figure as there is no punishment. There seems to be a divide between people like me who work hard and are a civilised member of the public and then literally about 50% who don't care about working or the authorities. For the second 50% getting arrested adds some entertainment to their life and they know for a fact that the likelyhood of anything happening is slim and even if they do get sent to prison for something then it just means they get to meet their friends and make more contacts and find out how to conduct more crime. I had an incident a few years ago when I completely flipped at someone who was being a sh**, I still see him around and he has said to me several times that it was the best thing that happened to him because it got hime to sort his life out. A lot of the time these days younger people know that others wont do anything and so they push and push and it's only when someone snaps that they learn the consequences of their actions.

By no means am I saying that we should take the law into our own hands (honestly I don't have a solution as the only people who could resolve it is the governement and lets face it that will never happen) but I do think that little sh**s need to be put in their place now and again, it's just unfortunate that if you were the one to do it you are likely to get in trouble and a normal memeber of the public has a lot to loose.

+1

I'm 24 and wouldn't do anything like that! it's what a 14 year old would do. Some people need a good flogging to realise they're idiots. Hopefully Dave (who i'll now call Jack Reacher for the crime thriller book fans) has done the job and they'll stop being idiots.

the problem is the law won't punish people like this kid who think it's ok to damage other people's property so it's no wonder people take the law into their own hands. ive had my car broken into twice by my works. All times I've involved the police and nothing comes of it. not blaming them but it's frustrating so can understand why the OP would have given the culprit a slap. dont see the point feeling sorry for someone like the kid that did the damage getting hurt, it's what they deserve because usually they won't take the law seriously. only my views and yes I appreciate everyone is allowed alternative ones :-) hope the cars alright in the end.

But then because the law doesnt do anything... you take the law into your own hands and smack that person about... then you run the risk of getting arrested. Not worth it in my opinion.

This is coming from someone in Glasgow :lol: All in jest mate :thumbs:

I would be the same though its well saying this or that but sometimes people can push too far and rage not anger takes over. Its not an excuse but it happens.

Hope you get it sorted out, if you put some pictures up maybe we can give you better advice?

the problem is the law won't punish people like this kid who think it's ok to damage other people's property so it's no wonder people take the law into their own hands. ive had my car broken into twice by my works. All times I've involved the police and nothing comes of it. not blaming them but it's frustrating so can understand why the OP would have given the culprit a slap. dont see the point feeling sorry for someone like the kid that did the damage getting hurt, it's what they deserve because usually they won't take the law seriously. only my views and yes I appreciate everyone is allowed alternative ones :-) hope the cars alright in the end.

But then because the law doesnt do anything... you take the law into your own hands and smack that person about... then you run the risk of getting arrested. Not worth it in my opinion.

This is coming from someone in Glasgow :lol: All in jest mate :thumbs:

I would be the same though its well saying this or that but sometimes people can push too far and rage not anger takes over. Its not an excuse but it happens.

Hope you get it sorted out, if you put some pictures up maybe we can give you better advice?

One is from East Renfrewshire actually ;):lol: