What mod have you done today?

ddcboyle

Today's been a busy day...finally took the courage to rip apart my speedo and replace the leds and here's the results.

c187d584329f433b9a96ace2fa5718e8.jpg

6f14780d686b81c26ef42785f50d2bcb.jpg

f81acf7a09380df86080509acd3f2d9d.jpg

445f7b6098d5b23c790bc604ce748789.jpg

Do u have to solder at all with any of these bulb changes or is it just a simple bulb swop after the oain of removing everything?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Today's been a busy day...finally took the courage to rip apart my speedo and replace the leds and here's the results.

c187d584329f433b9a96ace2fa5718e8.jpg

6f14780d686b81c26ef42785f50d2bcb.jpg

f81acf7a09380df86080509acd3f2d9d.jpg

445f7b6098d5b23c790bc604ce748789.jpg

Do u have to solder at all with any of these bulb changes or is it just a simple bulb swop after the oain of removing everything?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Every one of those tiny white rectangles is a led with 4 pads on each that are about 1mm wide that need to be soldered :/

Edited by ZeppoJeff
  • Like 2

Every one of those tiny white rectangles is a led with 4 pads on each that are about 1mm wide that need to be soldered :/

Well talk about ten points for effort!

If I did that it would be one molten, burnt sad excuse of a circuit board!

can you get the replacement LED's in green and on a scale of

'once i soldered some speaker wire'

to

'I just soldered my own version of a intel 6700k with nothin but a coathanger and some pinapple'

would you grade the difficulty of this job? I think they look amazing and would love a green version :boxing:

Well talk about ten points for effort!

If I did that it would be one molten, burnt sad excuse of a circuit board!

can you get the replacement LED's in green and on a scale of

'once i soldered some speaker wire'

to

'I just soldered my own version of a intel 6700k with nothin but a coathanger and some pinapple'

would you grade the difficulty of this job? I think they look amazing and would love a green version :boxing:

Depends how much confidence you have really.

Not enough heat and it won't melt the solder...to much heat and you will burn out the led.

If you are doing it yourself you'll need a professional soldering iron with a super small tip and adjustable heat controls.

Practise on the window switches or something first to build up confidence.

• Like 1

Not enough heat and it won't melt the solder...to much heat and you will burn out the led.

If you are doing it yourself you'll need a professional soldering iron with a super small tip and adjustable heat controls.

may price up a spare board and give it a go!

where did you source the replacement LED's from if you don't mind me buggin you with questions lol!

where did you source the replacement LED's from if you don't mind me buggin you with questions lol!

Bought it in the states when I was on holiday.

Can't actually remember where I got the kit. Think buster has the same kit so maybe ask him.

• Like 1

Curses I'm going to have to add this to my wish list as it looks awesome! I'd have gotten​ away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling kids....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...