What mod have you done today?

ddcboyle

Not at all. If you look carefully you will see that there is a sheet of hardboard that sits vertically behind the speakers. The horizontal piece then sits on top of this behind a lip. It is sat snugly in place and doesnt move in the slightest.

• Like 1

So 2 weeks into owning my second 350z and wanted to spend some time on it, this one was purchased from a member on the forum, and so far im happy with it.

1. Service. Only an oil and filter change, it was due so thought I would do that to begin with.

2. OSF wheel bearing, it was howling at all speeds, probably one of the easiest wheel bearings i've replaced. Onve it was removed it was tight and rough, but no play. The spacer on this tight wasn't tight, which was all sorted when I built it back up.

3. Tarmacs bonnet dampers, recommend these to anyone.

4. Joying double din head unit, i am a fan of these as I do prefer Android, as I pay for copilot I can log in and download the app again, i download all my music onto it also, i had an Eonon head unit in my old seat leon, they can be a big slow to start up, but i don't mind that as i let the car idle for a couple of mins before i set off. I wired it up and just need to get the steering wheel controls and rear speakers up and running.

5. Replaced stubby aerial, and because the old one was seized, i also replaced the aerial unit under the wing.

6. Removed air box and intake, cleaned MAF and throttle body to cure warm start stalling.

And thats it today, 3 year old getting bored after a few hours, so thought i would remove the cable ties so he could atleast get out the chair. :)

Edited by varley16

bbcaa5af3fec71a0eeab3a0d530f3f91.jpg

After waiting 2 weeks my cobra y pipe showed up yesterday, and I didn't wait around I got fitted it on my dinner and now it sounds great even better than it did very happy with it. Now running cobra y pipe cobra non res centre pipe and cobra back box 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just installed a mishimoto oil cooler today. Took 5 hours and a bit of cutting plastic arch/ under trims to feed pipes through but all sorted and no leaks. Run for 5 mins to check system and i was amazed how hot the braided lines and rad was after so little time. Got a great deal on it from torqen in the august sale. No pics of it installed but this is the kit

C73B3C84-F860-40CB-A1AD-A5A1CF1FFBD2_zpsogwwe0cn.jpg

• Like 1

Fitted a set of LED rear lower lights. Wired up the indicators, reverse lights and fog lights on both sides. I have left the sidelight and brake light functions as I dont think it goes very well with the rest of the brake lights connected etc. Well chuffed as I didnt even need to remove the rear bumper.

Got some pics earlier:

Before:

20160729_162737_zps4guvttcy.jpg

After:

20160917_123244_zpsyrkyw9xj.jpg

20160917_123225_zpstmdbtxa1.jpg

20160917_1232460_zpsvt1xedrl.jpg

20160917_123319_zpsd3rtzkg9.jpg

Cheers mate, Im loving them. Just need to upgrade the front indicator bulbs as one of the previous owners did a good job of putting a black insert in the headlights so they appear darker but unfortunately it covers the reflector for the indicators and the chrome bulbs do not show enough light during the daytime so people cant see me indicating. Going to go for an LED bulb on those to see if that makes a difference. Also got rid of the sidelights I put in a couple of weeks ago. I bought some LED ones that said 'Ice White with a hint of blue' but they were 100% bright blue. Replaced with 'Pure White' LEDs and so much better with less chance of getting pulled over haha.

Cheers mate, I do like them. They were the last smoked item I needed after I fitted smoked side repeaters.

One thing I will say is to get some silicone sealant and go around the edges again as many people have said about leaking. Mine looked a little sparse so I went over them. Hopefully they will be fine.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...