Help choosing new tyres

gillywig2

I'm getting my wheels refurbed soon and need new rear tyres. I've can't find anywhere that has stock of Goodyear Eagle asm2. My next two choices would be Michelin Pilot Super Sports or Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta. Or should I wait until the Goodyears are back in stock?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Andy

all 3 are good choices. would say vreds are at the lower end of the choice specrtrum you have put up. don't know the MPSS but if they are anything like the MPS2 then they are very good.

vreds are being phased out so stock is hard to get.

For me there is only one tyre I will ever put on the z now, having had the Michelin pilot super sports fitted recently they are head and shoulders above anything else I've had on it, for the extra £50 a tyre it's a no brainer B)

+1 on this

Thanks for the input guys :thumbs: I think I'll go with the super sports, If I can find them in stock.

Can I ask where you're getting them done?, just noticed you're down the road from me (I'm in Ashurst).

Auto wheels in Droxford, It's out in the sticks! http://www.auto-wheels.co.uk

I'm having them done on the 11th, so I will post pics when completed.

• 5 weeks later...

I have always gone for remoulds personally...I like the buzz of playing of Russian Roulette every time I turn the key :wacko:

Aside from that I have been very impressed with the Seccanta's - rears are due in the next 2k miles and have been looking at Vred's replacements for the Seccanta's - Vorti...tread pattern looks reassuring but I haven't found anyone that has driven on them yet

Edited by 350Chris