Bose Ipod Hack

Patch

When i bought my car,it came with a headphone plug in the cubby hole,is the the ipod hack?

Tried connecting an android phone via this plug and playing some music,but nothing came out of the speakers.

Am i doing something wrong,or does it only work for ipods?

If its hacked the you need to set the head unit to cassette mode as the iPod hack uses the tape player audio connections in the head unit. You might need to put a cassette in to force it into tape mode if the internals haven't been modded to trick the head unit into thinking there is a tape inserted.

If its hacked the you need to set the head unit to cassette mode as the iPod hack uses the tape player audio connections in the head unit. You might need to put a cassette in to force it into tape mode if the internals haven't been modded to trick the head unit into thinking there is a tape inserted.

Sweet,that will explain the head cleaning tape that was in the car then :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There is an excellent guide on this forum with pictures and step by step guide. Haven't got time to search for it right at this moment, but it's there!

Cheers i'll have another search, see if i can find it. I hate electrics, does anyone know anyone/anywhere that can do it.?

Where are you located? if your local to me Ill help you do it. (Junction 9 M25)

oooo - I might jump in and ask for your help on that sometime in Jan - I am in Reigate so you can't be far away.

Having said that I might jump straight for a "proper" modern big screen HU but wouldn't have the foggiest idea of how to go about fitting one to maintain OEM SW controls etc...

David