FORCE INDUCTION MAX POWER WITH STOCK VQ35DE

keiichi tsuchiya

If you want over 400hp (not 400hp more than standard) and for it to be reliable and long lived an LS engine is probably the best answer. If you want 700hp it definitely is.

As I said there is no single answer to your question. Any number of things can break an engine, regardless of how many turbos or superchargers it has - a standard 350Z with lower octane fuel in it can have problems, never mind one running 200% standard power.

If you want over 400hp (not 400hp more than standard) and for it to be reliable and long lived an LS engine is probably the best answer. If you want 700hp it definitely is.

As I said there is no single answer to your question. Any number of things can break an engine, regardless of how many turbos or superchargers it has - a standard 350Z with lower octane fuel in it can have problems, never mind one running 200% standard power.

ok,

but how much km run with this power? and in track or street?

i use my car on the street and all saturday in drift for 30 minutes...

i run 20.000 km for years...

now my car have 95000 km

ok,

but how much km run with this power? and in track or street?

i use my car on the street and all saturday in drift for 30 minutes...

i run 20.000 km for years...

now my car have 95000 km

Could 20 kms, could be 2,000,000 kms, no-one can tell you that. We arent talking race engines here, like I keep saying you cant put a number on anything as there are too many variables involved.

If its built properly, cooled properly, serviced properly and not abused then any of the options above would last for 50,000kms, if not 100,000, but it only takes a broken fan or a sticking injector and the whole lot can be scrap.

Manage to get this that GTM posted on 350.com

We are pleased to announce that we are in the final stages of development of our GTM Twin Supercharger System for the VQ37. With the magnificent performance offered by the Rotrex superchargers and our great experience with them, this system will use a pair of smaller chargers to take supercharging of the VQ37 to the next level.

In addition to the 370Z, this twin supercharger kit will also be available for all the VQ35HR and VQ37VHR Infiniti vehicles as well (including those equipped with AWD). That means the G37(X), FX35/37, and EX35.

Our GTM supercharger system will be using a pair of Rotrex C30 series superchargers. Thanks to Rotrex’s patented hi-speed planetary traction drive, these superchargers are able to spin up to 120,000rpm!

Great speeds and low noise are just some of the advantages of traction drives over traditional gear transmissions. Traction drives transmit power through friction forces between its rolling elements.

The Rotrex patented traction drive uses an elastic annulus with a small pre-span to secure contact between the roller planets and the sun shaft with a reasonable force. The patented "ramp effect" increases efficiency and reliability in the transmission by regulating the torque transfer capability on demand through self-adjusting planet geometry.

To enhance performance, the Rotrex traction drive uses a special traction fluid. These fluids are a new family of synthetic hydrocarbon oils and greases offering a series of unique performance advantages. Developed specially for its use in Rotrex superchargers, the SX100 momentarily increases viscosity under high surface pressure, enhancing the traction drive performance by securing the optimum friction between rolling elements while cooling and protecting the system.

This traction drive combined with the latest technology in centrifugal compression, characterized by high adiabatic efficiency (up to 80%) and low noise, gives Rotrex superchargers an exceptional competitive edge over any other forced induction solution.

As usual, we will be offering different stages to accommodate varying horsepower needs…all the way up to 800hp! Naturally, the higher stages will require a built motor (and built automatic transmission if applicable) to realize the horsepower potential reliably.

Below are the four different superchargers in the C30 range that are currently available and the horsepower they are rated at (times two of course).

C30-64 Trim up to 560 HP

C30-74 trim up to 600 HP

C30-84 trim up to 640 HP

C30-94 trim up to 800 Hp

Now, as exciting as all of this is, we don’t necessarily expect to have tons of these being sold, we are mostly doing it for the fun and the challenge of being different…and just because we can!

• 3 months later...

Not sure if anyone answered the question...

As it's really torque that kills the motor, I'd say the limit is around 400lb/ft with a good tune.

Our yankie friends have managed to run more then that for a long period of time, and many have blown it with less. Depends on luck as well, but with cars, I believe the only thing you can do is stack the odds in your favour and you will increase your luck that way! :)

Edited by wizard