Vinyl polish?.

ddcboyle

Chemical Guys Clear Seal has been recommended for car bras and car protect films

just found this

Caring for your vehicle wrap is very important. To keep your investment looking great you will need to follow a few basic rules.

1) Keep your vehicle clean. Hand washing your vehicle with a sponge and mild soapy water is ideal however a high pressure sprayer can be used from a distance with tepid or cold water. Never put the nozzle directly on your wrap or against a seam. The vinyl could rip or tear. Also, never take your vehicle through an automatic car wash with bristles. The bristles can damage your vinyl wrap which could lead to costly repairs.

2) Hand wax your vehicle. Do not use a buffer. Waxing your vehicle at least once every 3 months will help keep your wrap protected from the elements. The wax we suggest you use is Turtle Wax Ice. If you have a detail shop wax your vehicle make sure the wax they use is safe for vinyl. Waxing your vehicle will also help the deinstall process allowing the vinyl to come off leaving little to no adhesive.

3) Avoid parking under trees for long periods of time. Sap from certain trees can damage your investment and ruin your wrap.

4) Window perf should be waxed as well. This will help protect the laminate and longevity of the vinyl. Never use a high pressure sprayer on the window perf. The sprayer will damage the perf.

As far as I know you can wax it but no no to polish or t-cut assuming you go for the gloss finish. If its matt finish then a no no to wax as you are going to ruin matt finish. With clay im not sure but if its abrasive then it should be avoided.

Does anyone know if theres any products specifically designed for vinyl wrapped cars? Looking at car shampoo, wax/polish or detailing products

Swissvax has a great product just for wraps and also matt wraps.... check it out on their website. I got mine from Envy :)

Swissvax is good, i use their car bath opaque and it works a treat, also Chemical guys matte detailer works on any vinyl too. I use the matte detailer, it's alright, though next i'll try the swissvax detailer. Be warned, Swissvax is expensive.

The main thing is you don't want to use anything that is too abrasive or something that will strip the natural sealant the vinyl has.

So that's also a big no to polish. Waxing is fine but as far as i can see Swissvax are the only ones that do a whole range of stuff for matte colours as well as vinyl.

Chemical guys maxi suds II supposedly is mild enough to work. Also from what i've read stay away from carnuba wax as it's not good for vinyls or matte colours.

Someone on here with detailing experience might be able to help better as i've only learnt this over the last few months trying to look after my wrap!

seems he wax are quite limited, ill have a look at the tutrtle wax ice first as its easily availible at halfrauds, if not satisfied ill be buying he swiss stuff.

im presuming washing the car is just normal shampoo and, as rt's post said, not to blast it with a hose

Be VERY careful with buying non vinyl specific products to try. Once the wrap is tarnished, that's it.

seems he wax are quite limited, ill have a look at the tutrtle wax ice first as its easily availible at halfrauds, if not satisfied ill be buying he swiss stuff.

im presuming washing the car is just normal shampoo and, as rt's post said, not to blast it with a hose

Put it this way, I had my matt wrap for almost two years.... I washed it with shampoo supplied by envy for matt wraps and then cleaned it using the pressure washer and had no issues at all. I currently have a few areas wrapped in gloss black on my 370z and I use autoglym normal shampoo and again use the pressure washer. I use meg wax on it aswell to build up the shine and it looks great.