I've Ruined My Z's Handling :-(

Greddy-Matt

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also HATED the handling of the zed after fitting spacers - I just did not feel that she was still on her tippytoes and really noticed the difference - I got rid of them very quickly !

So you went back to stock or did you change rims altogether?

I went back to stock as it was never about looks for me ... but then I sold her anyway :thumbdown:

I also HATED the handling of the zed after fitting spacers - I just did not feel that she was still on her tippytoes and really noticed the difference - I got rid of them very quickly !

So you went back to stock or did you change rims altogether?

I went back to stock as it was never about looks for me ... but then I sold her anyway :thumbdown:

And Saffy will never forgive you :stir::D

Having just had two rear budgets put on mine until I get some new rims, I have found the handling of the car awful, the nose now tucks in two quickly when turning in because the rear is not providing enough grip at far lower speeds than the previous rears which in fairness were down to 1.6mm, I have no spacers fitted and it's all stock but now it's just no fun to drive anymore.

It's quite interesting in that all the many cars I've had, the least I've felt the need to add spacers to is the Z! It looks absolutely fine without! All you're doing is screwing up the geometry that Nissan spent $m perfecting for our roads! Most odd.

You can have the geo redone after the spacers are fitted and Nissan have other things in mind - like all round comfort V performance alongside EU guide lines on how close the wheel can be to the arch and not produce spray etc etc

Not saying you can just slam a Zed to the deck throw spacers on and expect it to be perfect (thats why after market cambers sets are easy to find) but if you do it right you can change the setup to be more in line with what your doing with the Zed - you don't want to drive mine round town anymore thats for sure :lol: But I love the way mine corners at silly speeds for a car of it's weight :thumbs:

You can have the geo redone after the spacers are fitted and Nissan have other things in mind - like all round comfort V performance alongside EU guide lines on how close the wheel can be to the arch and not produce spray etc etc

Not saying you can just slam a Zed to the deck throw spacers on and expect it to be perfect (thats why after market cambers sets are easy to find) but if you do it right you can change the setup to be more in line with what your doing with the Zed - you don't want to drive mine round town anymore thats for sure :lol: But I love the way mine corners at silly speeds for a car of it's weight :thumbs:

Not with that diff on yours mate, I bet it's good round a track though, mine is just crap on the road now let alone a circuit.

I guess about a hundred miles, did a fair b road jaunt to scrub them in :teeth: tyres were changed last Sunday and been fine up till I put the spacers on the front, they're coming off tomorrow so we shall see!

It will certainly be interesting but could it be a combination of spacers and new tyre coating and putting the spacers on just exacerbated the whole thing :shrug:

Spacers cause issues with the KPI on the front of a Zed, these cars are always more "nervous" after fitting spacers. The move the pivot point of the front suspension indie the centre of the tyre ,so causing the steering to be more nervous.

Fitting spacers will make no difference to the 4 wheel alignment figure as your only increasing the track width.

But you car's alignment may not be in spec and the fitting of the spacers may have enhanced the issues.

Get the car 4 wheel aligned then try the car then refit the spacers and see if the handling deteriorates.

Mark

exacerbated

Ok, who are you and where is the real Papa ??????????????????

:lol:

He and I our at our Sunday best.

We are model forumers !

;)

But it's Saturday :shrug:

Should I still be worried about you as well :lol:

exacerbated

Ok, who are you and where is the real Papa ??????????????????

:lol:

He and I our at our Sunday best.

We are model forumers !

;)

But it's Saturday :shrug:

Should I still be worried about you as well :lol:

:console:

Are you thinking of asking for the route map to the Zed Renamed NATO shed back?

Spacers cause issues with the KPI on the front of a Zed, these cars are always more "nervous" after fitting spacers. The move the pivot point of the front suspension indie the centre of the tyre ,so causing the steering to be more nervous.

Fitting spacers will make no difference to the 4 wheel alignment figure as your only increasing the track width.

But you car's alignment may not be in spec and the fitting of the spacers may have enhanced the issues.

Get the car 4 wheel aligned then try the car then refit the spacers and see if the handling deteriorates.

Mark

Thanks mark, I did wonder if I was going mad, its definitely the spacers had them off and all back to pretty much how it was, I'm going to get an alignment done, but if that doesn't solve it would a wider front wheel (to fill out the arches) with an offset to keep the suspension centred be the solution?