Zedrush New Project

Zedrush

When I opened this thread I was hoping for a nova project :lol:

Think it takes balls to transform a car as perfect as a 911 turbo but I'm watching with interest. Think it's worth posting a few pics of your zed for the newer members as when I joined you had sold your zed but a photo would pop up now and again

+1

+1., heard lots about it but didn't ever see it. :)

Search is your friend :p

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13467&start=0

When I opened this thread I was hoping for a nova project :lol:

Think it takes balls to transform a car as perfect as a 911 turbo but I'm watching with interest. Think it's worth posting a few pics of your zed for the newer members as when I joined you had sold your zed but a photo would pop up now and again

+1

+1., heard lots about it but didn't ever see it. :)

Search is your friend :p

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13467&start=0

just had a quick look B) off to read all 7 pages :)

:lol: Thanks dog :p;)

Take it somewhere other than DMS for the tuning. Nine Excellence would be my preference.

Ditch the wheels for some light BBS ones, pop some Cup brakes on there, sorted.

any reason why not dms? Evo did a good review on them and they have a great track record

some more pics of potential body kit, but obviously will add personal touches to...

1_zpsf2125359.jpg

4_zpsca3fd114.jpg

going to start photoshopping now

DMS get a lot of good press, but none from enthusiasts. They have a good, solid brand, but some of their claims are either silly or their maps don't leave you with a safe margin. All second-hand evidence, but I wouldn't spend my money there.

• 2 months later...

hi guys quick update, after a hell of aot of research and photoshopping and planning I have decided to sell this car next year and get the pdk Turbo S 997 to mod as the kit only fits around the rear lights of Gen 2 not Gen 1. You know me if I want a particular kit then I need to have it, so modding will commence then. The car is insane though, I hit 173 on private land absolutely insane power delivery but i know pdk is more responsive, and modifying an S should make a great statement as it's hard to top the last mod unless I go all out.

So sorry for delay guys, don't worry am not all talk. Also booked direct access for bike, I want a Yamaha R6, I know people will go against that as a first bike but I will have endless training even after the Direct access to respect this bike. Already looking at what exhaust to change with and of course getting rid of the rear licence brake holding bracket and getting a corbet comfort seat :blush:

146_0906_06comparison_test_2009_middleweight_smackdownyamaha_r6.jpg:cloud9:

Edited by Zedrush

Love your previous Z project.

Is this going to be your 1st proper bike? I am not up on the latest Licences, do you have to have it restricted for 2 years to 33BHP? just remember to get some crash mushrooms incase you drop it ;)

Ive got a TL1000s

Love your previous Z project.

Is this going to be your 1st proper bike? I am not up on the latest Licences, do you have to have it restricted for 2 years to 33BHP? just remember to get some crash mushrooms incase you drop it ;)

Ive got a TL1000s

Hi mate, yeh if I only do the CBT then Im restricted but they do a direct access course which around 3-4 days which once you pass you can ride whatever cc bike you want. 1000 cc is going to be way too much power for me for a few years me thinks so will stick to the 600 lol. :blush:

Martin how you keeping bud, our cars looked awesome together that day B)

Make sure you test an R6 out first Jay. Not sure it will suit your stature TBH. But you'd be fine on it for a first bike, just need to have good throttle and clutch control and make sure you ride within your limits. Plus if you keep it in the town, you wont find anywhere to go fast enough to die :lol: Seriously though, if you just rev it like a car (ie upto 5-6kRPM) then it drives quite sedately, its when you get to higher revs it goes nuts.

Jay, not sure if you're aware but if it's big power you're after then you don't want a PDK tubby, as the gearbox will not take anything over 600bhp before cutting out and leaving you in limp mode. No-one has figured out a way around this yet, which is why all the big power 997.2 cars are manuals.

It's not exactly a slouch with 'just' 525bhp, but just so you know. I know you're about the show as much as the go, but worth bearing in mind. Keep an eye on the cost of PCCB replacements too, as they're absolutely daft money...

Also, I'm fricking jealous. I would love a Turbo S, utterly stunning cars that will annihilate just about anything they come across. When I did Vmax at Brunters a guy had one there and it didn't exactly do bad against the 599 GTO in the head to head. Immense.

• Like 1

Jay, not sure if you're aware but if it's big power you're after then you don't want a PDK tubby, as the gearbox will not take anything over 600bhp before cutting out and leaving you in limp mode. No-one has figured out a way around this yet, which is why all the big power 997.2 cars are manuals.

It's not exactly a slouch with 'just' 525bhp, but just so you know. I know you're about the show as much as the go, but worth bearing in mind. Keep an eye on the cost of PCCB replacements too, as they're absolutely daft money...

Also, I'm fricking jealous. I would love a Turbo S, utterly stunning cars that will annihilate just about anything they come across. When I did Vmax at Brunters a guy had one there and it didn't exactly do bad against the 599 GTO in the head to head. Immense.

Thanks bud I did not know this, hmmm I really wanted a paddle shift one don't want to go down the manual route. I was hoping that after this one they might bring out a 991 GT2 PDK which will be the ultimate fun car imo. Hope you are keeping well matye, I might have to go back to the drawing board, although 600bhp is plenty for me, the styling is going to set me back as it is, want to be seen... and heard :lol: