Nissan Paint Warranty - Elegible

JackStrong

My bodywork section has been partly stamped but is full nissan service history so they have either forgot to check that or not stamped it :shrug: gave up the wArranty claim and went direct to garages to get some quotes cheapest being 360 plus vat :scare: back to trying a warranty claim me thinks!

Edited by FUG

My bodywork section has been partly stamped but is full nissan service history so they have either forgot to check that or not stamped it :shrug: gave up the wArranty claim and went direct to garages to get some quotes cheapest being 360 plus vat :scare: back to trying a warranty claim me thinks!

think you'll find you have to pay extra for the body work sevice/ check.

All sounds a bit drastic...Just tell them you will take you claim to Court and

let a Judge decide the legality of their 10 or 12 year body and paint warranty...watch them leap about

because if you get a judgement..they are in the @*!# and believe me they wont risk it...?? :clap: :clap:

• 7 months later...

I got the offside front wing replaced due to rust issues but needed FNSH and original paintwork (9 years into the 12 year warranty) but they have knocked back a claim on the nearside wing for the same issue as the whole of the nearside was resprayed after the car was keyed down the entire length of the vehicle. The rust is under the lip of the wheel arch in an area that's still the original paint so not accepting the nil and void warranty reply I've just had. They set a president doing one rusty wing, common sense says the other wing will have the same issue and the cars not up to the ambitious 12 year warranty issued. Next move small claims court and writing to autoexpress etc for publicity.

I got the offside front wing replaced due to rust issues but needed FNSH

You don't need FNSH, however, if you do get a service somewhere other than Nissan then you do need to get the regular paint inspections from Nissan, there's an extra stamp in the log book for these which don't need to be stamped if Nissan do the service.

When I changed my bonnet from the vq to the HR I left the old one with the body shop as they aren't worth squat :lol: maybe a few years ago you would have still had to pay good money now but I am sure you could get one for under £100 in good nick, same for the wings.

• 3 months later...

I had same issue bubbling on front lip bonnet and various other spots….took the car in dealer took a load of pics and said there is a definite problem that could not be denied . However they then asked for the service log book , the dealer opened it and almost immediatly shook his head and said this is going to be a problem,…previous owner had had a non nissan service twice about two years ago. This some how turns out it voids the warranty due to anti corrosion checks they make at time of service. Personally i think its a load of BS! If anyone has had same issue and had success at another garage would be good to hear.