Nissan Paint Warranty - Elegible

JackStrong

Hi,

Am I right in thinking there is a 10 year paint corrosion repair warranty on the 350z ?

I was washing my car and underneath the bonnet at the front between the seal and metal there is definate internal corrosion causing scabbing bubbly paint. Problem is my car is slightly modified, so am I still elegible ? It is a EY53 plate so just in time.

Thanks

yeah I initally done that too.... never got a response months later

best bet to take it into the garage and have a quibble with them, print off the successful forum topics too see if that will sway them in your favour :#1:

Took my motor into nissan ipswich today to make a claim on the perforation warranty, the dealer took lots of snaps of the oxidisation bubbling and under the bonnet rubber lip to send off to nissan hq for a decision, should find out next monday-tuesday fingers crossed. The chap reckoned in all his 13 years at nissan they will just turn round and say its stone chips but clearly evident that it is not!! Will have to wait and see....

• 4 weeks later...

No joy

As expected they rejected the claim saying it was stone chips, got me a bit heated on the phone that did! They have closed the claim but said I can try my luck elsewhere so guess I will pop into bury st Edmunds Nissan next week an try again!!

• 2 weeks later...

well guys , i'm in the proceeds of making a claim, so far i've had the photos done of the bonnet -top and underneath, corrosion around hinges and locking pin also front edge where rubber seal. definatly corroding from inside out, also 2 x rust spots breaking out on passenger front wing.

how many people have there service book stamp up to date by nissan , i mean the body work section [ not many and come to think about it have you ever seen any car stamp up to date] well guess what mine is fully stamped up.

so half way there, not quite. back in to have the paint depth done to make sure not resprayed - Good news my car is totaly as from the factory.

so car is 1 owner, fully service by nissan, full body service, no respray.

looking good one would say [ by the way car is an 04 with 36k]

just had main dealer on friday say nissan will only let them do respray and anti corrosion work to the under side of bonnet , W T F.

I am now awaiting nissan customer service to contact me, as what have you got to do for there 12 year corrosion warranty to work,

will keep you all upto date

I'm intrigued as to how trying another dealership would help? Surely part of the details passed on to Nissan warranty would be your VIN number? Unless you think another dealer would be more inclined to fight your corner more strongly.

Sadly it is down to individual dealer as to how far they go to support your claim. Some seem to take the attitude that it is either too much hassle or they don't want to be perceived as irritating Nissan by continued claims.

But at the end of the day it is like any 'insurance' situation where it is often the quality of the submission made by the dealer and how robust s/he is at fighting your corner.

That is why there are lists of good and and not so good dealers on here that over the years have demonstrated whether they put the customer first, or otherwise.

• 1 month later...

Could be worth getting in writing from a garage or similar reputable source that the oxidisation has occurred from inside to out and not bloody stone chips as nissan keep claiming! Could be worth a go as evidence / back up when taking my car in for third time :@ what do you guys reckon or am I wasting my time??

Edited by FUG

• 4 weeks later...

Took a call from Nissan customer service this morning , with some good news. There going to replace the Bonnet on my 350z :teeth:

But have decline the rust on wing, how ever they say whilst in the body shop get them to investigate the wing, and if neccessary submit another claim. :(

I guess i should be happy, but it has been a hard old slog fighting against -dealer warranty,nissan warranty and for most customer services.

just got to book in the body shop now. phew!!!

Took a call from Nissan customer service this morning , with some good news. There going to replace the Bonnet on my 350z :teeth:

But have decline the rust on wing, how ever they say whilst in the body shop get them to investigate the wing, and if neccessary submit another claim. :(

I guess i should be happy, but it has been a hard old slog fighting against -dealer warranty,nissan warranty and for most customer services.

Which dealership did you take your car too? I have tried 3 in east Anglia now with no luck :(

• Like 1

G

Which dealership did you take your car too? I have tried 3 in east Anglia now with no luck :(

Keen to know this too as currently waiting on a call back from Glynn Hopkin Leyton in London....the more ammo I have for them the better!

Hi guys. my dealership is in cornwall, from where i purchased my car. quite frankley they are useless including there warranty guy. if you read my original piece. the body shop broke the original news and when i reacted to what they were saying, they suggested taking this up with nissan custormer service. which i duely did and then found that the guy from customer service came across as very arrogant, obviously he never had a clue about a car and was constantly reading from a script . could not answer a straight forward question, even when i asked to speak with his line manager and then the manager of his department he refused saying he was my case manager, things only changed when i ask what was the process for making a complaint did he tell me somone would contact me in the next 24hrs which ended 2 weeks later. where i got to talk to some one that would listen rationaly ie doing a repair to areas how would they warranty if it came back, as the bodyshop would not guarantee that sort of repair.

I constantly pited the garage warranty and nissan warranty and customer service against each other,and the fact that not only did i have full history But the body work section was fully stamped.[which i explaind was payed for and nissan had taken the money with no intention of paying out in an event of now ]it then took a month to finaly find out that they would finaly replace the bonnet. the whole procedure has taken 4months and a lot of time on the phone, to be honest i don't think i would bother again. they probably gave in as i was a pain in the ass. :lol:

I really do think it's down to every individual and not down to a paticular dealership.

Edited by glenn-350

Hi guys. my dealership is in cornwall, from where i purchased my car. quite frankley they are useless including there warranty guy. if you read my original piece. the body shop broke the original news and when i reacted to what they were saying, they suggested taking this up with nissan custormer service. which i duely did and then found that the guy from customer service came across as very arrogant, obviously he never had a clue about a car and was constantly reading from a script . could not answer a straight forward question, even when i asked to speak with his line manager and then the manager of his department he refused saying he was my case manager, things only changed when i ask what was the process for making a complaint did he tell me somone would contact me in the next 24hrs which ended 2 weeks later. where i got to talk to some one that would listen rationaly ie doing a repair to areas how would they warranty if it came back, as the bodyshop would not guarantee that sort of repair.

I constantly pited the garage warranty and nissan warranty and customer service against each other,and the fact that not only did i have full history But the body work section was fully stamped.[which i explaind was payed for and nissan had taken the money with no intention of paying out in an event of now ]it then took a month to finaly find out that they would finaly replace the bonnet. the whole procedure has taken 4months and a lot of time on the phone, to be honest i don't think i would bother again. they probably gave in as i was a pain in the ass. :lol:

I really do think it's down to every individual and not down to a paticular dealership.

Good, I like being a pain in the ass! That was my planned strategy anyway.... :boxing: