Stag Doo recommendations (booked Prague)

Jay

Prague, Vegas come on people we can come up with more original ideas :p ...the best stag i've been to was in North Berwick (Scotland), we entered our mate into the highland games, camped out for 2 nights in torrential rain....cheap, cheerful and fun!!

Felt sorry for the stag we made him do this after a night out in Edinburgh

20110806img0923.jpg

Followed by a brisk walk up a small hill..

20110806img0872.jpg

..I think I only spent £200ish all in for the whole weekend :lol:

iv been to berlin twice and thought it was really nice, excellent places to shop, eat and drink and places to go and see, a lot of things to see from the war on the tours etc, the reichstag and brandenburger tor looks quite intimidating at night all lit up. the main cathedral has also been left damaged from the war too, the tower is bomb damaged and the walls round the base are peppered with holes and chunks missing, plus black from fire damage. stayed in the hotel berlin. nice and quiet and about 10-15 mins walk to the centre. i would say there are nicer areas of germany. munich for example is very nice city. plan your stag when the beerfest is on? thats an experience :) i have family in bonn and nearby city Koln is very nice too.

prague as previously mentioned is also nice, been there once but i would love to go again. good food and drink and its also very cheap. approx 50p got me a full 24 hours use on the tram systems jump on jump off anywhere, and they are there to the minute all the time, stunning city too.

there is also a thing near prague which i may be suggesting to my mate for his stag a military excursion where you get taken into the country and get to fire all kinds of rifles, guns, go in tanks and generally get as close to battlefield 3 without joining the army :D

i have been to belgium approx 40-50 times over the last 10 years and lived there for 2 years too, in antwerp. brugge as mentioned is a very nice city, traditional and medievil in a way, canals etc. antwerp is really nice, superb main square littered with lots of side bars and restaurants, beers as mentioned also excellent. sparkling ice tea ( non flavoured like they do here!! ) is delightful and refreshing :thumbs:

vienna in austria is also a very nice city, but compared to the others mentioned here id say probably the more expensive, and austria itself is dearer. its probably on par with berlin costs. theres not really anything different from other large popular european cities although there are some stunning government and royal buildings and the palace is huuuuge ( you will only really get a site of these if you go on a bus tour though, local beers are good, as is the food, goulash soup or main course goulash is outstanding and nothing like the shite they try feeding us here in tins!

despite me having family in austria i have never been to salzburg, which has been voted on a number of times as thee most beautiful city in europe with nearby spectacular scenery. il soon be able to say iv been though as im going theer in november :) with any luck it may also have some snow, to add to its stunning setting

amsterdam is good too as people have mentioned, i was there for a day visit when i was in holland years ago

what about spain? canary islands tenerife etc? greece? bulgaria?

hope this helps you a little :lol:

iv been to berlin twice and thought it was really nice, excellent places to shop, eat and drink and places to go and see, a lot of things to see from the war on the tours etc, the reichstag and brandenburger tor looks quite intimidating at night all lit up. the main cathedral has also been left damaged from the war too, the tower is bomb damaged and the walls round the base are peppered with holes and chunks missing, plus black from fire damage. stayed in the hotel berlin. nice and quiet and about 10-15 mins walk to the centre.

Wow, that sounds liek the most boring Stag Doo in the world. :lol:

Just come back from here:

morley-old-hall-579_11.jpg

where we spent a weekend wearing tweed and doing things that people wearing tweed generally dont - always good if youve got a good core of lads who know each other :thumbs:

My own list for staggys is Vegas, just cause its amazing, Tallinn, a day out playing Golf and probably big country house do in the UK somewhere, why only have one? :D

where we spent a weekend wearing tweed and doing things that people wearing tweed generally dont - always good if youve got a good core of lads who know each other :thumbs:

My own list for staggys is Vegas, just cause its amazing, Tallinn, a day out playing Golf and probably big country house do in the UK somewhere, why only have one? :D

Tallinn was pretty rubbish when I was there last month. Although over the weekend, we got the ferry to Helsinki for the day, and made this truely awesome video;

:teeth:

That is quite awesome actually, nice work :thumbs:

Did you not find the never ending stream of supermodel quality girls "a good thing" then? I actually got physically tired of checking out amazing legs, T+A when I was out there last, never thought that was possible - there was two of us on business rather than a staggy but it was an epic couple of nights. I had 4 girls on my arm both nights, it was excellent :D

Im told the islands are even better for quality and them not being able to get enough of the English ..........

Tallinn was pretty rubbish when I was there last month. Although over the weekend, we got the ferry to Helsinki for the day, and made this truely awesome video;

:teeth:

That is a pretty funny vid lol. Keep the suggestions coming guys. I am looking at it being fairly rowdy at nights if I am honest. I fancy getting a big ass villa so we can all chill out (recover from night before) and then hit the town somewhere pref somewhere lively. I have been looking into marbella ... whats that like for night life guys? I.e. is there plenty of bars, nightclubs and strip joints? :lol:

Place where we stayed in Prague

http://www.housetrip.com/en/rentals/102101

Quite near to where we are staying next month.

I'm quite a bit older than th last time I was in Prague....I hope I can still cope wit partying in Lavka till 6am! :scare:

:lol:

The club next door to Lavka was much better, spread over 5 floors each floor playing different music...... cant remember the name of it though........ :drunk::blush:

I'm quite a bit older than th last time I was in Prague....I hope I can still cope wit partying in Lavka till 6am! :scare:

I was 54 when I went to Warsaw with a bunch of 30 somethings, :surrender: Now I know your not that old Lexx, but it may hurt a bit :)

That is a pretty funny vid lol. Keep the suggestions coming guys. I am looking at it being fairly rowdy at nights if I am honest. I fancy getting a big ass villa so we can all chill out (recover from night before) and then hit the town somewhere pref somewhere lively. I have been looking into marbella ... whats that like for night life guys? I.e. is there plenty of bars, nightclubs and strip joints? :lol:

:thumbs:59906_1.jpg:teeth:B)

Berlin is a good call, I went there for my stag and it was awesome.

It has a pretty laid back, anything goes vibe. Lots of cool bars of course, many of them are hidden away and look like normal terraced town house - these were some of the coolest bars we went to as they had great DJ's.

I'd recommend 'Gold' bar for the usual *ahem* evening entertainment :lol:

We stayed in a flat which slept about 8 I think, if you're interested I'll did out the details for you, it had a nice bar downstairs called 'Fire Bar' or something which was handy.

On a more sombre note the war museums, Reichtag, Checkpoint Charlie etc are interesting if you're into a bit of history. The 'Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe' is also worth seeing.

The downside of my stag-do was bouncing around Berlin dressed as a gay YMCA biker, but I guess it could have been worse :lol:

Depends how rich you and your mates are. I had my stag do in June just gone and I decided to stay in the UK. Anywhere in Europe and you have to get another mortgage out as your looking at 5 or 6quid a pint and you know how much beer gets drunk on a stag do!!!

I went to Manchester and it was a cracking weekend. Loads of pubs, clubs and stuff to do. Also didnt cost an arm and a leg. Ive also been on stag do`s in Leeds, Newcastle & Edinburgh. All good places to go.

The club next door to Lavka was much better, spread over 5 floors each floor playing different music...... cant remember the name of it though........ :drunk::blush:

Is that the one with the drained out swimming pool in the basement where they play hard core dance and no health / safety policies at all?

I remember going to Prague for a stag do in 2001 and beer was 10p a pint. I remember buying the first round in a pub for ten lads and we just couldnt believe how cheap it was. Im sure its all changed now. The thing I didnt like about Prague was the dodgy taxi drivers. They always tried to rip you off. At one point one taxi took us all to a brothel on an industrial estate out of the centre when we only wanted to go to the train station! :lol:

The thing I didnt like about Prague was the dodgy taxi drivers. They always tried to rip you off. At one point one taxi took us all to a brothel on an industrial estate out of the centre when we only wanted to go to the train station! :lol:

Either way you were getting a ride on something that had had 1000s ride it before.......

The thing I didnt like about Prague was the dodgy taxi drivers. They always tried to rip you off. At one point one taxi took us all to a brothel on an industrial estate out of the centre when we only wanted to go to the train station! :lol:

Either way you were getting a ride on something that had had 1000s ride it before.......

The taxi was probably the lesser worn of the two :)

The taxi was probably the lesser worn of the two :)

.. and at least you wouldn't get some nasty infection from the taxi :p