Megan manifolds

TEMPERZ

Hi boys and girls,

I'm in for my up rev on the 21st with Abbey.

So I bought some Megan manifolds for the HR to breath a bit better.

They came from the states. I had a horrible afterthought when they were delivered, will they fit my RHD car because of the steering shaft being on the other side.

It looks like it will clear as both manifolds seem very similarly shaped.

I was hoping someone on here has fitted some previously or knows if they will fit without issue :( !

I don't want to go to the hassle of removing the drivers side manifold just to have to bolt the stock one back on if I can help it :s !

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Well that's good new to my ears!

Hopefully it'll be ok and they'll fit!

Well supposedly they give around 10-15hp gains. It's mainly the fact that after the manifolds are on I've done pretty much all I can to squeeze more power out without going down the supercharger or turbo route.

To be honest they are a bit of a pig to fit, air ratchet comes into its own :)

Not a fan I assume Wasso? :(

That's just what they say you can get, optimistic no doubt!

Well this will be the cars first uprev.

I have HKS panel filters, Invidia true dual exhaust, berk decats and hopefully by the weekend Megan manifolds.

Got a fidanza lightweight flywheel too but obviously that gives no gain :)

Not forgetting that without a tune you won't get any gains on the Zed as it defaults back to factory!

However you won't get an additional 15 BHP over and above what the uprev will give you!

It might boost up,the overall gain though:)

Looking forward to seeing the Dyno charts.

Don't think it's a issue that Wasso is not a fan.

More like the brave boasts that manufacturers claim.

They are usually based on the best figure ever gained for there product.

Never any mention that gains of 15% can be achieved with

the right tune and mods?

Just the emphasis on the 15% as that's the selling point.

I have HKS panel filters, Invidia true dual exhaust, berk decats and hopefully by the weekend Megan manifolds.

Oh agreed manufacturers normally inflate their numbers. Just inspect the item when you get it, Megan aren't exactly known for high performance parts and the cheap option on eBay. Products are known to rust.

It's a shame Abbey may not be able to give you a direct dyno report on the headers. Reports are nil to a little increase on my350. Bang for buck is very poor.

Stillen or Tomei headers are rated highly, especially with FI setups.

Peter, it's not that I'm not a 'fan' as you put it, more the case not exactly great reports from Megam as a whole. From suspension to braces and the like.

I personally wouldn't buy Megan products, that's not to say nobody else should. Everyone is entitled to research and get reviews and opinions.

Enjoy the new mods as a collective and of course the Uprev :thumbs:

Yeah I will be fitting them fella, it's what I do for a job anyway so nothing too stressful lol!

Yeah I know they are the cheaper end of the market, to be honest I didn't really have 6-£800 to spend on headers this month :( ! I'll have a good look over them and if I'm not 100 % happy they won't go on, to be honest the initial glance is they look good, all the welding looks good and all the internals of the pipes have been flowed where they merge very well.

Yeah it will certainly be interesting to see the dyno results hopefully a good improvement.

As long as I get more of an improvement then a stock HR would then I'm not too fussed :)

Oh agreed manufacturers normally inflate their numbers. Just inspect the item when you get it, Megan aren't exactly known for high performance parts and the cheap option on eBay. Products are known to rust.

It's a shame Abbey may not be able to give you a direct dyno report on the headers. Reports are nil to a little increase on my350. Bang for buck is very poor.

I disagree. The power to £ ratio isn't any worse than an exhaust. People just think its expensive because of the labour costs.

My headers cost me around £600 (purchase & install). £600 wont get you a decent exhaust setup

Ian - don't forget you got a good price for the item and install.

There's claims the Megan's just don't perform as well as the more expensive models.

If you're fitting yourself then you can't moan, it makes the power to buck more reasonable.

Ian - don't forget you got a good price for the item and install.

There's claims the Megan's just don't perform as well as the more expensive models.

If you're fitting yourself then you can't moan, it makes the power to buck more reasonable.

Yeah, I got a deal on them but it wasnt an amazing deal ;)

Even if you bump the overall cost upto £800 - its still on a par with a decent exhaust & y-pipe setup.

My car gained 12hp untuned with the DC headers fitted.

I must admit that my car has a Megan Y pipe,it was fitted before I got the car,and its holding up alright,though the wire mesh over the flexi areas has now gone,never to be seen again.

They probably dont have the resource to do proper testing and flow dynamics on their parts,as im sure someone like Stillen do.

The Megan stuff is probably just copies of more expensive products. Its not to say the quality is worse,it probably isnt,its just that they have copied a more expensive item without doing any proper testing,thats why they can sell them cheaper.

You know,like what HTC et all have done to Iphone! :snack: