GTM 370Z twin supercharger kit

Mark@Abbey m/s

Is that video of a 370, Mark? I thought it looked like an Infiniti (its an Infiniti logo on the engine cover) If so - you could ask Stanski if he wants one as he has a G37 iirc.

I'd really like to know your prices for fitting in this country, as I thought about this for my 350 last year, but couldn't justify spending it on my car as it would have been more than my car is worth! The twin S/C just seems to make perfect sense on a V6 engine, though. I have this yearning for the G37 convertible (hardtop cc convertible) but it's going to be a few years away, yet!

I looked at one for my 350 but their website said the 640 hp (stage 3, I think) was $9979 and that was in May last year when I looked, plus fitting costs, and that would be without all the other stuff to make the car handle 600 horses. (I still have my arithmetic of how much to ship the car to the East Coast - then drive 2781 miles (4476km) across the USA to get to GTM in California, and then drive it all back again inside a 10 day window - you know, just working out how much in my own little dreamworld !) Ah, well. . . . :cloud9: :cloud9:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Mark

I was thinking of this thread the other day, now I have an Infiniti . . . .looking on the GTM website they say the 4 levels of tuning on the twin S/C kit are 560 / 600 / 640 and 800 hp

I now have an infiniti Q60 (which is really just a G37 but 2014MY as they did a name change for some reason)

1) Can you say what level of S/C the engine will take before you have to go all through upgrading the internals as well? I thought conventional wisdom on the Nissan 350 / 370 was it would take mid 400s without forged internals - does this mean even on the 560 Stage 1 kit you've got to upgrade the internals as well or will the latest VQ37VHR engines take 560 or 600 or something?

2) If the power is pushed up to this level - do you have to open the exhaust up to 3" all through or something as well?

Basically - what else do you have to do apart from the $9795 twin S/C kit?

This kit had teething troubles and GTM are notorious bad people to deal with.

We do not deal with them anymore I am afraid.

Understanable from what I hear. Does that mean there are now no options for SCing a HR other than buying used?

No your not buying mine Haydon :)

The car is on fire atm :)

We used the Stillen kit works well but we are also developing a nice twin turbo kit with a big range of turbo specs.

thanks

That's good to know as i was thinking it was about time someone in the uk started developing some sc and turbo kits ......

Loads more people are going down this road now and I would love to sc my hr but Hardly any options that are not crazy money

We used the Stillen kit works well but we are also developing a nice twin turbo kit with a big range of turbo specs.

thanks

That's good to know as i was thinking it was about time someone in the uk started developing some sc and turbo kits ......

Loads more people are going down this road now and I would love to sc my hr but Hardly any options that are not crazy money

He never said it would be cheep lol :lol:

It's not really the money that puts me off its gtm and their very bad reputation !!

Surely if a package was designed over here it would be cheaper than importing everything from USA ?

Not necessarilly, there's a lot more demand for SC kits in the US than there is over. Maybe that could be offset by trying to sell to EU as well as UK.

thanks

I really don't fancy the Stillen so give me a shout if you ever create a twin SC option. ;)

Having said that, I doubt I'll ever find a twin GTM kit for sale nor a single for that matter... the twin turbo option is getting more tempting.

What don't you fancy about the Stillen ?

I think they put me off with the DE supercharger where there weren't much gains and you needed a modified bonnet to fit it in. The HR version may produce better gains and not need the bonnet change, I'm also no keen on the looks of the new plenum etc. If I'm spending that sort of money I want to be 100% happy with the purchase.

What don't you fancy about the Stillen ?

I think they put me off with the DE supercharger where there weren't much gains and you needed a modified bonnet to fit it in. The HR version may produce better gains and not need the bonnet change, I'm also no keen on the looks of the new plenum etc. If I'm spending that sort of money I want to be 100% happy with the purchase.

You sure do

I quite like the look of it and recon it looks well made bit of kit

On the gtm web site the kits are around 6.5 dollars ..... So that's around 5k ? Why does it cost 11k to get it on the car and all running ?

The kit especially if it's the tuner one is basically all the bits you need from GTM to get your S/C build underway.

On top of this you need a fuel return system,bigger injectors,hybrid oil filter kit,bigger fuel pump,oil cooler,baffled high capacity sump(if you don't want to do a Grundy),complete new exhaust system to allow the engine to breath and an up rated clutch.

This list is a minimal as once your running big power all of a sudden things like brakes,suspension,diff and tyres feel totally inadequate.

Oh and I forgot to say that you have to pay someone to fit this little lot and tune the car afterwards so maybe you can see why the money can add up quite quickly.

• Like 2