Help with V8 engine painting colours

rtbiscuit

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not go different and go white or pearl white with a few little polished bits in the bay? Would look the absolute nuts with your body colour B)

you mean like this

engnl.JPG

was tempted by the white, but not sure it looks as good as i thought it would, maybe a cream instead of a white? interior leather is cream.

Not in this case.

It deserves to be matt Rosso Red.

;)

would that be with a wrinkle finish?

yes Rich like the picture of the Ferrari.

The 360 was the 1st to offer this factory option I believe.

Anyway a guy i do some work for has sent 4 Rocker covers off for the wrinkle Rosso and they really do look fantastic.

Its a colour that goes with anything and makes the Engine stand out.

Plus it's sexy:)

B)

Why not go different and go white or pearl white with a few little polished bits in the bay? Would look the absolute nuts with your body colour B)

you mean like this

engnl.JPG

was tempted by the white, but not sure it looks as good as i thought it would, maybe a cream instead of a white? interior leather is cream.

Gotta have faith! Doesn't look awesome in that pic maybe, BUT just think white and carbon, throw in some wasso'd parts and got to be a winner :cloud9:

thing is it will be a pig to keep clean, where as a smooth finish just wippes clean.

I do like the wrinkle finish, but not sure its right for the SC and CC

On a 458 that I keep clean and polished for a guy I have never had to touch the Engine compartment.

And the heads are wrinkly Red, they don't even seem to get dust on them.

yet you would think with the exhaust from a rear engine car it would be covered in dirt.

maybe you need to throw out the colours that you definately don't want as at the moment you can't breath for choices:)

thing is it will be a pig to keep clean, where as a smooth finish just wippes clean.

I do like the wrinkle finish, but not sure its right for the SC and CC

On a 458 that I keep clean and polished for a guy I have never had to touch the Engine compartment.

And the heads are wrinkly Red, they don't even seem to get dust on them.

yet you would think with the exhaust from a rear engine car it would be covered in dirt.

maybe you need to throw out the colours that you definately don't want as at the moment you can't breath for choices:)

I think your forgetting it's a Jag, copying what has been done on a Ferrari will look wrong IMO

don't worry there will be no blue, keeping it in theme with whats origianlly on the car.

wrinkle i think is out. if i was to use it i would have done the rocker covers in it. the s2000 rocker cover was wrinkle and yes it does get dirty.

it will most likely be a hammerite finish, as it works well with the heat in the engine and its harder wearing than normal paint. plus it will be cheaper to do than a full paint job but still look good. If i wasn;t dropping £1k on chain tensioners at the same time, i'd be more up for spending more. that and the cost of carbon finishing the rocker covers and the purchase of a new posh bonnet liner, and probably the need to splash some cash on some new ally bits.

these are the hammerite paint colours.

http://www.hammerite.co.uk/products/dir ... finish.jsp

might even look at the hammered finish

colour short list at the mo

Red

White

copper

gold

don't worry there will be no blue, keeping it in theme with whats origianlly on the car.

wrinkle i think is out. if i was to use it i would have done the rocker covers in it. the s2000 rocker cover was wrinkle and yes it does get dirty.

it will most likely be a hammerite finish, as it works well with the heat in the engine and its harder wearing than normal paint. plus it will be cheaper to do than a full paint job but still look good. If i wasn;t dropping £1k on chain tensioners at the same time, i'd be more up for spending more. that and the cost of carbon finishing the rocker covers and the purchase of a new posh bonnet liner, and probably the need to splash some cash on some new ally bits.

these are the hammerite paint colours.

might even look at the hammered finish

colour short list at the mo

Red

White

copper

gold

Looking at the Hammerite, the only one that really stands out is the Green!