LED front reflector/sidelight installation

jep350z

> Is it easy to change to clear reflectors (without LEDS) without taking the bumper off?

No, the bumper has to come off - which is why I thought I may as well wire up an LED pair to make it worth all the effort.

I'm still interested in a recommendation for LED sidelights - worried that the ones I've found won't withstand the heat of the main headlight bulb. Anyone?

James

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok im confused a little,

I will be doing this on Saturday

Am i correct in thinking all it is is that the red wire goes to the green/white cable and the black wire goes to the body work?

I am not an electrician but I dont get how having the black with to the body will help anything.

Unless im missing something.

To me the current will go from the red wire through the led's and then out of the black wire, if the black wire is then connected to the body the current will be passed into the bodywork which is then grounded, I would assume the black wire needs to link back to the battery.

as i say im not an electrician but i dont want to blow my car up.

Could someone please clarify this.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I purchased a set off of a company on ebay called corseautosports.

I had 2 sets replaced in 6 months and am now removing the 2nd set as only 1 light is working.

I would recommend having the LED reflectors but the ones ive purchased dont last long at all and as such, im having to revert back to the standard reflectors. If anyone knows of someone manufacturing decent long lasting LED side reflectors, I'd be very interested!

• 3 months later...