2007 hr 350z car tax enquiry?????

nathanbounce

Hi guys ,just a quick question for someone who might know?I have just bought a 2007 350z hr model and when it came to tax the car it was only £220 for the year.After reading posts on hear,i was under the impression it was more like £460 a year? just wondering how mine could be different? Anyone? no?

Yeah it depends what it was registered as when it was imported, If its a PLG its cheaper......i think!

Someone correct me if im wrong

Thinking about it, it can't have anything to do with the import date, as if it's an MY07 car then it has to have been imported after the March 2006 tax cut off.

Therefore it can only be how the car has been registered with the DVLA etc.........

Isnt this the old importing it as a MPV or similar. I'm sure its what they used to do to get uber low tax. Cant for the life of me remember what you tax it as, but it basically avoids it being put in the usual UK tax bands. Its like leisure vehicle or MPV category. Someone will remember soon :blush:

Isnt this the old importing it as a MPV or similar. I'm sure its what they used to do to get uber low tax. Cant for the life of me remember what you tax it as, but it basically avoids it being put in the usual UK tax bands. Its like leisure vehicle or MPV category. Someone will remember soon :blush:

It will be registered as PLG vehicle. My GTR is aswell & I only pay £220 a year tax :D

is there any way to change the registration of an 07 plate 350Z to PLG, or is that a silly question?

I assume you are talking about a JDM car? They shouldnt be registered as PLG in the first place, its just that some importers get away with it. You wont be able to re-register a car to PLG thats already correctly registered, nor will you be able to change the classification of a UK car.