2 Owners?

AMT

Echo above, why are you buying a car you clearly cannot afford (paying it off over 4 years proves this)

I disagree with this. If you can afford monthly payments, then you can afford the car. :shrug:

My arguement is based on buying a car for that price, when you could have a better one for the same price. :shrug:

I have bought 4 cars on finance, all spread over 4 years.

Although granted, I negotiated 0%-2% interest on them all.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Echo above, why are you buying a car you clearly cannot afford (paying it off over 4 years proves this)

I disagree with this. If you can afford monthly payments, then you can afford the car. :shrug:

My arguement is based on buying a car for that price, when you could have a better one for the same price. :shrug:

And if you can get that rate of interest then finance makes more sense, why would you pay out a lump of cash when you can spread it, put the rest into saving, pay of mortgage etc etc.

True, maybe it is just that taking 4 years to pay off a car that is already 5 years old isn't something I would personally do :shrug:

I've just had a look on Autotrader and some other sites...private... 57 onwards between 15 and all the way up to 35K are all around the 12-13K mark.

Try looking at 07 onwards. The 313 HR came out mid 2007, so they started on an 07 plate. Look at the pictures of the cars, if it has a bonnet bulge then the chances are its the 313HR. I looked on Autotrader last week and nationally there were several cars for £9500->£11,000. All with low mileage, at dealers and with warranty. If you can find one privately then you may well be looking at a bit less.

Alternatively id seriously look at Jamies car. I doubt if you can find one as good as that for that money - unless a roadster isnt your cup of tea.

Roadster isn't my cup of tea. lol Hum. Yes I can afford the monthly payments...so therefore I can afford the car.. we don't all have...lots of £££ lying about :dry: As I said the rest of the cash comes from interest..unavoidable if im doing finance lol. Hmm. I think im gonna have to cancel this :( which is depressing, but possibly more sensible if I can get an HR... but if i was going for an HR... I do need it from a dealer to trade in, it needs to be around £11,500 and for that price Id want 25K ish mileage. *goes and looks*.. hum.

Is that it though, ive spoke to quite a lot of decent mechanic and short of looking at it the service shouldnt be too much an issue given mileage just..check it when i see it. Is it really the RESALE and VALUE holding of it that everyone is on about.. give me a straight answer, cos if it is..then its not a huge concern for me. I may try and push for a 2 nd yr warranty out them but besides that...

what can be said that hasn't been said already,a majority of people here are telling you somethings not right, that you can get a 313 for the same kind of money, that the dealer photoshopped an image of the car,the history is all over the place, its an 07 but its not an hr, i'll sum it up for you WALK AWAY :yahoo:

It sounds to me like you're worried that you may not be able to get finance on another Z. Don't settle for a car that's not right just because you've been approved finance on it, if you've been approved for this one you'll be approved for others. If I'm wrong in that then I apolgise, but it's the type of reason why I've made decisions in the past.

There must be a reason why so many people are telling you to walk away, or at least be very cautious about the purchase and you're ignoring them - make sure you understand why you're doing that before committing.

Noooo, finance is not the issue. lol Originally i wanted to do 3yrs...just better save a bit of cash.. because its such a rare decent find.. i as willing to stretch to 4.

As ive said spoke to good few mechanics that advised that it shouldnt be too much of an issue, as it looks like its just been serviced on the mileage rather than yearly. It all comes down to viewing and driving. Yes you could get the immulcified gunk, but the dealer i bet would have wiped that lol, apparently this can happen anyway if you only use your car for short distance journeys too, but doesnt neccesarily mean the engine has an issue. Servicing i wouldnt say all over the place, its been done just bfore 10K, fair enough its been a while since it was bought lol

Cost wise, ive looked at 07 DE's and there all for the same price and then if i took ma car off and financed it...id end up at the same cost give or take.

been sent photos of the car, offered the originals, it goes elsewhere to have the backgrounds shoved in, so it may have just not had the angle...so they put it in... im viewing it so id see any issue..(from the well angled and multiple pics theres nothing wrong with the body - exterior wise anyway)

The MAIN issue i think from everyone is... its almost the same as some..(as ive looked) HR's. I wouldnt be wrong in saying the DE is a bad engine? (obviously ill be checking with mechanic on sat if viewing). I'd rather run this thing into the ground so would hope to keep for at least the 4 yrs. As most on this will know its my little 'peak' car, im not gonna get better for what it is and has. So end cost...is not something thats gonna kill me.

So, cost, not so bothered, DE...still not exactly gonna do me wrong.. , servicing being left for a while..something i can only really see issues with when i see and drive it? Does that sound fair enough? Or am i just talking nonsense. I know you all know fine well better than me as you own them lol I do not agree and i will never argue with that .. so the only issue bar cost is the service... what can i do... drive it is all?

The MAIN issue i think from everyone is... its almost the same as some..(as ive looked) HR's. I wouldnt be wrong in saying the DE is a bad engine?

I think this depends on what you're planning to do with the car (or end up doing, search Zeditis on here!), the HR engine is good up to 500hp+ without needing new internals etc, I'm not sure what the DE is safe to, 400-450 ish I think. Even if you're not going to push that kind of power, long term reliability will play a part, short term their are other benefits to getting a HR (responsiveness etc) so it just seems pointless buying a DE '07.

Is that it though, ive spoke to quite a lot of decent mechanic and short of looking at it the service shouldnt be too much an issue given mileage just..check it when i see it. Is it really the RESALE and VALUE holding of it that everyone is on about.. give me a straight answer, cos if it is..then its not a huge concern for me. I may try and push for a 2 nd yr warranty out them but besides that...

How many times would you like people to repeat it for you? These cars should be serviced EVERY 9,000 miles or ONE YEAR. That's EVERY 9,000 miles or ONE YEAR. Just in case you didn't read that right it's EVERY 9,000 miles or ONE YEAR :lol:

The engines are pretty much bombproof given the correct fuel, so the fact that the service interval was longer than it should be shouldn't be a problem, but many (most?) buyers will see it as a negative and either walk away or haggle the price down.

To be honest (and you've probably heard this before) you SHOULD NOT worry about cars that have done average mileage, as I said the engine is bombproof and even low mileage cars may need worn parts replacing.

Your aren't helping yourself by limiting your options to very low mileage cars - there aren't many about and they will cost you more, which will make your loan even more of a pain in the ass.

By the way, I think your keyboard might be broken because when you hit the space-bar it seems to put a gazillion full-stops in instead :thumbs:

You've asked for opinions and we've given them the majority are saying walk away your trying to convince us otherwise, you don't need to justify it to us you've clearly already convinced yourself and nothing we are saying will change that :shrug:

This just seems to be going around in circles :byebye:

CANCELLED. lol

You were all pretty much right about walking away...although took a bit of digging. The cost...meh... but when speaking to the guy tonight (which no disrespect to them, they both were sound and were not pushin for anything, offered refund without issue of deposit) I mentioned the cooling pipes were different... then got told its got an exhaust and some mods on it... so straight away, deal breaker. Can deal with a carbon cover but not loads of pipework etc... nice that it took this long to be told about.

Stock please as I don't plan on doing anything much else...stubby..tints.. perhaps cover on the engine lol.

I realise my eyes were a bit rose tinted and I may still have been interested IF.. it had no mods... but its got a few..so...

Feel free to take the p**s :blush:

And onwards we keep lookin... honestly i am sorry lol I have looked at a few, its not been the first but it was the most decent one so far so that prob why I got a bit.. hungry...

Anything other than a 350Z, basically. :thumbs:

After all that (looking at an overpriced, underserviced car with some dubious aspects that the entire club told you to walk away from) you turned it down because it had an exhaust fitted? Man, Id love to have been present when you decided to buy your first house, or get married just to see the undoubtedly chaotic process that was applied in the decision :D