2 Owners?

AMT

LOL. The service interval is wrong, it doesn't mean the engine will go pop but it might make it slightly harder to sell on - it would bother me TBH. LOL.

LOL. The photoshopped images are stupididity on behalf of the garage. They could have at least moved the ariel and boot badge. LOL.

LOL.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alarm bells would be ringing at the fact that the dealer went to the trouble of photo shopping a picture :scare:

service intervals are all over the place

its not a 313

for that sort of money and the fact you'll be paying it off for the next 4 years you can do better imho :thumbs:

alarm bells would be ringing at the fact that the dealer went to the trouble of photo shopping a picture :scare:

service intervals are all over the place

its not a 313

for that sort of money and the fact you'll be paying it off for the next 4 years you can do better imho :thumbs:

I agree, for that sort of money you`d be looking at a nice HR model.

2 owners and 20k isnt unusual as others have said. Mine was a 2007 I bought last year with just 21k on the clock. First owner was Nissan as it was a publicity car for the first year, then sold to a guy who used it as a weekend car. Mine had FSH but because of the low mileage it was done on year rather than miles. Then when I bought the car and proceeded to do 25k a year using it as a daily commuting car, the servicing then worked out to be done on miles rather than year.

Another thing to check is, have the spark plugs been changed? Thats recommended at the 5 year mark and isnt always cheap.

Id also look at the overall costs of ownership on one of these. I was in the fortunate position of paying cash for mine, so didnt have any finance on it. But even so, running costs (tax, insurance, mot, tyres, servicing etc. etc.) were £250 a month, depreciation was £450 a month and on top of that you have the cost of fuel @ around 25mpg.

Not looking good then ... :( Put a massive downer on it lol . But i had a look and the cars in dealers for higher than that mileage and year are about the same. He did explain the dent thats apparently been fixed...(we'll see on sat) and now the service things getting to me. Ive spoke to a few and people have just said, its not had the miles so the owners just not had it done, doesn't mean its stuffed. ... hum.

The cost itself after all the interest is high, but the cars financing only 10K odds. the only reason its more is cos the finance has interest..which im always gonna have cos i need to finance my next car so...

Hum, any other opinions or should i go down have a look and then decide on the history that its not worth it? ...

Cheers for the replies! Might be a bit of a downer but i like honest detail! lol

That second picture alone would cast enough doubt in my mind to avoid that dealer altogether. They've not just gone to the effort of reversing the image and then photoshopping the number plate back on so it reads correctly but they've also swapped the rear wiper blade over to the other side. This suggests to me a blatant and intentional attempt to mislead.

All IMHO, of course.

That second picture alone would cast enough doubt in my mind to avoid that dealer altogether. They've not just gone to the effort of reversing the image and then photoshopping the number plate back on so it reads correctly but they've also swapped the rear wiper blade over to the other side. This suggests to me a blatant and intentional attempt to mislead.

All IMHO, of course.

This. The question you must ask yourself is what else they may have tried to hide that you may not find until after you've bought it. That you're tied to buying from a dealer because of the finance aspect is unfortunate but personally I'd avoid this one. You seem to be very exacting in your requirements and this car does not seem to fit the bill :thumbdown:

Well my requirements did change to the older ones, but since this was perfect from the first set i wanted..right colour, spec, everything and the mileage a nice bonus.. i didn't mind skipping over to 4 yrs...but now im getting a bit worried over this photoshop thingy. He advised a dent but and its now fixed.... aaargh.. i dunno. May have to call this off.

The cost itself after all the interest is high, but the cars financing only 10K odds. the only reason its more is cos the finance has interest..which im always gonna have cos i need to finance my next car so...

I take it you haven't just decided you're getting dealer finance and that's it right? It's often cheaper to get a personal loan for the extra amount you need which also has the benefit of there not being outstanding finance on the car if you sell it before the finance deal is up. With any type of finance, remember to take in to account negative equity though - if you had to sell the car in 12 months could you afford to sell it and pay off the loan?

Ok, loan wise I'll likely just go with the finance they've given, ive spent to long pondering. If worst came to worst and near the end of term, id just put some money buy like a did the coupe and pay it off, but I plan to keep this... for quite a while lol.

Ok...issues i raised and called back and was called back also... (they've been helpful ill give them that..but dont worry i still take with a pinch of salt lol).

1. 12 MOT great.. 12 month warranty... my issue..distance, do i need to take it to them? No.. any cared 4 nissan dealer, just fone them with the problem first and i can go to any others...eg. Alex noble eidnburgh etc.

2. Dent... just been sent loads of detailed pics of it..and i hardly see it. a small blemish on silver will not bother me. but its been fixed and just gonna get a final polish.. but i dont see anything really..good. (the photoshop thing..guy apparently didnt know about and looked at it..then seen... they send the original photos off to another place to do the background etc, so could be they just wanted both angles if it wasnt there...he offered to send the originals to me also.

3. This water oil stuff. Spoke to ..(you'd be surprised) quiet a few mechanics (u'll know how paranoid i am if uv been on here long enough). Although its not been serviced eveyr single year, i know wht am lookin' for, and been told it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Cars that apparently dont get used a lot will have some condensation etc which will usually burn off when oil up to temp...ok. Same with the engine knocking...I can only see/hear...when i see the car. End off really, makes sense..its all down to viewing and test drive.

4. The car itself looks mint from the pics, i know you've been saying about HR etc, but having found this one with only 17K and other ive seen with 30K + and same price etc... im ok with it, i know its dear, but hey.. I need to finance it...im not made of £££ lol (but i can still run it before u jump in! :lol::p ) so there is always gonna be a £2odd K interest thing.. same with the coupe same with any other car id buy. depending obviously on variation of the cost , but usually for tht amount 2Kish..so im ok with it.

5. Ill go see it and take a damn ..damn good amount of time with it, cold engine/warm engine..the feckin lot lol everything from wipers to exhausts will be looked it and faffed with. Im even gonna use the cd player... expecting the usual.. :lol: You've all told me the engines are fairly reliable... i know how expensive the fuel is....all i can do now is go see it and drive...would you not agree??? :shrug:

I know your all on about cost etc, but im ok with it, i just now need to know the car is. So if you've any MANDATORY things to check with the 296... plz remind me now and help me as best u can! Thank you!! honestly thank you... :)

PS. Taking it with a pinch of salt mind... the 2 guys who owned are customers of the newcastle place, last guy traded in for a 370. The guy on the phone mentioned a carbon fibre jobby thing under the hood (which looks clean) and sure enough... there is a cover.. looks nice. But anyway...I can only go and look. I could get better ...just...but i fear with more mileage..so im gonna inspect it to death and hope for the best!!

If you notice anything missing or different plz let me know lol (bar the obvious cover...which im liking..no badge tho..)

The pipes that look matt like blue... what are they? they look different. Also noticed its got the carbon sill thing at the front.

Personally I think your mad thinking of paying that kind of money for a DE :bangin:

I have a 313HR Roadster for sale for £12,200 and I'm only down the road. It has done 9000 mls from new and is in mint condition. But at the end of the day it's your money and of course you do as you wish. :)

Anyway good luck mate in searching....... :thumbs:

I've just had a look on Autotrader and some other sites...private... 57 onwards between 15 and all the way up to 35K are all around the 12-13K mark.

Fair nuff after my coupe comes off, the cars finance is for £10,263... which seems to be decent for 07' wioth only 17K on the clock. The reason its higher at the end of just over 12K is that the interest is present. Whether its a loan (slightly cheaper) or finance that extra 1500-2K odds is gonna be there somewhere.

I don't have the cash to buy outright so either way I'll pay more at the end. I dont see any other way of avoiding interest..unless I rob a bank.. or steal one.. lol And the pics i found out goes somewhere else to put the backgrounds in etc, its not the dealer...apparently. But im going to see it anyway... so they can't hide stuff on the body.. :shrug:

Does anybody see my point? lol With the finance extra cash thing?..

Sort of do mate but it's like your getting bummed without even the common courtesy of a reach around.

Higher tax bracket, HR money but none of the benefits. Buying a car with a 3.5 v6 engine and worrying about 17k or 35k on the clock is madness. A 17k car with sketchy history is worth less to me than 35k with a good history if for no other reason the resaleability. These cars are good for galactic milage. Don't sell yourself short just to get a ludicrously low miler.

Get an unsecure loan with a lower apr and march into a dealer with a hr car that you like plant a fist full of cash on the table, get a trade in and away you go. As soon as they know you need their finance you are finished from a negotiation perspective.

Don't get dealer finance unless you want pcp.

Whats PCP ? protection thing or something?

And in terms of if its only resale value that people are making the fuss about.. thats not particularly high on my list tbh... it seriously isnt... i got my coupe near as new and didnt bother about it and still dont. I just wanna make sure (obviously via checking mostly) that the engine is still ok and im not buying something thats considered... crap. A good few have the DE's and am i right in saying theres no synchro issue with 06 feb onwards?

I just checked some loans and the lowest for the amount still comes out around £249 over 48months.. £4 cheaper per month.. and 2 months less in total. :shrug: Plus if i get a loan, I can't change the payment amounts can't I? I could only lower the actual amount. (im just thinking worst case scenario).

EDIT: Ok put it this way, if the car is mint and still running ok despite the servicing... what should i aim to be paying, amount to finance with my car off it is £10, 263.... what do you think it should be? (bearing in mind its been traded in and they' will have gave ?? for it)As low as 9Kish?

Thats not helpful... :( and the mileage for that would be ... not what im after lol I've emailed my concerns because the cash thing is now bothering me but also the service history. But if i seen it and viewed it and it was fine, would it still be worth it if i can get ti down a bit more?

PCP is shat :yawn:

Good enough for me.......means i dont need a loan for the full value, can swap the car out after a bit (like i usually do every 18 mths to 2 years) and i have money in my arse pockey for more shiney river island suits :lol:

Its a personal contract plan.......discussed at some length on the slk thread.

Thats not helpful... :( and the mileage for that would be ... not what im after lol I've emailed my concerns because the cash thing is now bothering me but also the service history. But if i seen it and viewed it and it was fine, would it still be worth it if i can get ti down a bit more?

I want a Ferrari and a Lambo but I dont have the money so...

I personally dont see why you get hung up on mileage, also deprecation is less and essential its still the same car... BUT in all seriousness. Why do you care what we all think? You said your happy with the car and your happy paying for a zed for 4 or 5 years (megalulz IMO). Now me personally I think your not that bright to do that but your not me and if you are happy and you can afford it then get driving :thumbs:

I'm gonna be a little rude here so I apologise.

If you buy a 2007 DE engined car, when you can have a HR for the same (or a few hundred more) then you are a complete idiot.

Think how many of us are telling you this.....when it comes time for you to sell and someone else is looking at your 2007 DE car we will be telling him the same. That alone should make you think what the hell are you doing.

Echo above, why are you buying a car you clearly cannot afford (paying it off over 4 years proves this) when you could easily buy a perfectly good 350z with under 50k for 5k less!

Also with that low mileage its been sitting around for long periods which is never good for a car.