Hid change

jon.young

It could be done if you bought one of those HID kits of eBay pretty cheap, but I believe technically to legally have HID's you have to have auto leveling headlights and washers...

My car is a jdm and has no washers or levelling yet it passed its mot in January fine. HID's as standard. I did sweat it alittle but I think they when they see an import they just think it comes from the factory. :shrug:

Do your headlights have the ballasts underneath them already? My first zed had standard halogen bulbs, but when I removed the headlight I found that the ballasts and wiring for HIDs was all present - it had just been bypassed to get it through the SVA when first imported - a fairly common occurrence.

It could be done if you bought one of those HID kits of eBay pretty cheap, but I believe technically to legally have HID's you have to have auto leveling headlights and washers...

My car is a jdm and has no washers or levelling yet it passed its mot in January fine. HID's as standard. I did sweat it alittle but I think they when they see an import they just think it comes from the factory. :shrug:

You're probably right, come to think of it, my washers weren't even checked during MoT and mines a UK :wacko:

No it's got the cut out that the wires go through an the fixing wholes, but the

Person I got the lights off said the ballasts were water damaged, so binned them,

Just thought as jdm hid standard from factory won't need levelling stuff or washers,

Just as easy to put that in, as the wires have been chopped about

Just wire it up with piggy back connectors so the lights can still be removed