Bumper in Car, Anyone know for certain?

SteveW

Does anyone know for certain if it is possible to get a front bumper in the zed?

I don't think it is but before I start removing the passenger seat to see does anyone know?

Ideally I'd get someone to transport the bumper for me but it's a 600 mile round trip and surprisingly there were no volunteers.

I'd say no chance but there must be someone that has tried before.

I managed to get the skirts in the car just about as length wise they go from the passenger footwell to the roof. I had to get a taxi to transport my front bumper, but it was only 9 miles each way.

Renting a van will be your best bet, only about £40-50 for the day and diesel will be cheaper than 600 miles in the zed :thumbs:

So 600 mile is about £140 in fuel. At an average of 50 mph it's 12 hours without a stop. At a cheap rate of £15 an hour, that's £180. That's without food,drink and being totaly knackered at the end of it.

Is it made of gold ? :blush:

Probably cheaper to import or buy a new one delivered. :shrug:

Like I say I didn't think it were possible so thank you you have saved me a few hours messing about.

Ive already got the new bumper :thumbs: so the zed needs to go to the same place as the bumper and the rest of the kit therefore the van isn't an option.

Had I been more organised I would have paisleyd it but not enough time now.

OEM front bumper will fit as I've done it. You need to take out the passenger seat headrest and you can then put the bumper over the top of the passenger seat so that one half is in the passenger footwell and the other into the boot. Bring plenty of packing material or blankets to cover up the seat and boot plastics as they could get scuffed getting the bumper in and out as it's a bit tight :thumbs:

PS, it's easier to get in than out I found. Went in quite easily after a little bit of faffing around (5mins) but was a bit more difficult to get out again.

OEM front bumper will fit as I've done it. You need to take out the passenger seat headrest and you can then put the bumper over the top of the passenger seat so that one half is in the passenger footwell and the other into the boot. Bring plenty of packing material or blankets to cover up the seat and boot plastics as they could get scuffed getting the bumper in and out as it's a bit tight :thumbs:

PS, it's easier to get in than out I found. Went in quite easily after a little bit of faffing around (5mins) but was a bit more difficult to get out again.

Interestingly I never tried an OEM bumper...mine was a Shine V2 which is bigger then OEM

Steve its probably going to depend on the bumper...

Thats pretty impressive going! :thumbs:

Thats pretty impressive going! :thumbs:

Thanks! I have to admit I was a bit worried when I turned up to collect the bumper as they look a lot bigger off the car than they do on :doh:

The bumper I bought was in need of a respray as it was very badly painted, so I wasn't too bothered about flexing it a bit to get it in the car. Having said that once in it wasn't being flexed or bent at all. I guess the OEM bumpers are better for this as they are probably a lot more flexible than some aftermarket fibre glass ones. I guess if the bumper is in good condition and it is not intended for a respray then you might not consider putting it inthe zed as there is the potential for damage.

Give that man an eyebrow, hey I'm feeling generous, give him two. (points if anyone knows where that's from lol)

Yes some of the kits there and some is at mine.

I'm pretty sure that the quote is from red dwarf directed at Kryten.

So, what do I win?

Give that man an eyebrow, hey I'm feeling generous, give him two. (points if anyone knows where that's from lol)

Yes some of the kits there and some is at mine.

I'm pretty sure that the quote is from red dwarf directed at Kryten.

So, what do I win?

It is indeed, from series seven. Epideme, if I'm not mistaken. [/geek]