Cheap roadster for sale

ph 7

If you check out the sellers feedback he has some funny ones. Apparently he listed a car for £2.50 buy it now, then when the buyer snapped it up, he backed out of the deal saying he meant £2500.

Also he`s sold & broken quite a few cars, according to the feedback, one buyer actually phoned him up about a car to check the damage and apparently the seller didnt mention half the damage until the guy turned up to collect the car.

The 2006 Coupe he is selling looks like it came with the Alezan Leather interior and someone has replaced the seats for stock black ones, but not replaced the handbrake and gear knob - so it looks strange!

The Sat Nav is optional, so looks like this car never had the sat Nav and thus has the flap.

The early cars , DE and REV UP had the Sat Nav under the flip up cover.

The late cars HR had the Sat Nav on view all the time.

this is from the registration number;

350zedstuff.jpg

By abbeymotorsport at 2012-08-14

Mine doesn't have a flap?

E4575ADA-2877-4361-B5EA-7452F16ECFDF-8557-0000045C8D6AA6B7.jpg

If the car has a flap = no sat nav to cover the gap

If there's no flap = sat nav installed (as above)

I wouldn't worry about concentrating on sat navs Mark, probably the least of your worries.

But what if the Nav wasn't taken as an option? :shrug:

I thought all the late HR Zed's had Sat Nav fitted;

Even a base model car had Sat Nav I thought, I haven't seen a late model without Sat Nav.

I'll try and keep it short ;) . Up until the introduction of The HR, every single 350Z had to be ordered from a main dealer and you would specify what options you wanted to be added. After the financial crash, which roughly coincided with the introduction of HR update model, Nissan and their dealership network only brought in 350Z's with the SatNav fitted. You could in general pop along to your friendly Nissan dealer, hand over your cash and drive away with one a few days later...if you didn't fancy one with a SatNav, then you simply placed an order and waited a few months, dealerships figured out that folks would rather pay the extra £1,400 or so rather than wait for an indeterminate time. I worked this out after a conversation with a Nissan main dealer in 2008 when he told me that he could get me one within a week but it'd come with a factory SatNav :shrug:

Pete

That does not make sense.... Mine is a 2008 Roadster HR and did not come with a satnav. Mine was also an Ex-demonstrator which only had 2,500 mls when I picked it up. Also why would a factory waste time on installing a sat nav to every HR and then take it out again if the customer didn't specify this option. This to me is just wasting money and time. It would be better as a company/factory to get an order for a sat nav and install it there and then for the customer. It just doesn't make sense, and usually you have to wait a tad longer for an additional option to be fitted rather than having one taken off........ :thumbs:

:snack:

Even a base model car had Sat Nav I thought, I haven't seen a late model without Sat Nav.

I'll try and keep it short ;) . Up until the introduction of The HR, every single 350Z had to be ordered from a main dealer and you would specify what options you wanted to be added. After the financial crash, which roughly coincided with the introduction of HR update model, Nissan and their dealership network only brought in 350Z's with the SatNav fitted. You could in general pop along to your friendly Nissan dealer, hand over your cash and drive away with one a few days later...if you didn't fancy one with a SatNav, then you simply placed an order and waited a few months, dealerships figured out that folks would rather pay the extra £1,400 or so rather than wait for an indeterminate time. I worked this out after a conversation with a Nissan main dealer in 2008 when he told me that he could get me one within a week but it'd come with a factory SatNav :shrug:

Pete

Makes perfect sense.

Factory build cars based upon orders. If the order comes from a dealer to get a car into stock, it is ordered with sat nav. If it came from a dealer based on a customer order, then no sat nav.

Pete

Indeed, I had to special order mine from the factory, so of course the nav option remained unticked as my tom tom did just as good a job for one tenth the price.

Pete

So what we are basically saying is the same as what I said, that as standard the HR did not come with sat nav unless you paid the extra for it. The fact the factory assumed everyone would be happy forking out £1400 extra for sat nav and shipped some cars to dealers with it pre-installed as a sales ploy is neither here nor there, as the end choice was with the customer as to whether they wanted it or not. If they didnt feel it was worth the extra then they didnt have it.

I can understand why Nissan would assume most customers would want Sat Nav. I remember at the time it was very much the "in thing" to have factory Sat Nav in your car. So much so, when I was looking at second hand BMW M3`s 2 years ago, if the car DID NOT have factory Sat Nav then it was at least £1000 cheaper then one which did, as it was in that much demand. Unfortunately when it comes to the 350z, as I found out, even if you have every factory option out of the book, it adds nothing to the resale price as these days people arnt as bothered.

Not only that, pre-installing extras on cars can be a good sales ploy... if a customer wants a car quick they will pay extra, even if it has stuff installed they dont want, and Nissan make more money.

Unfortunately when it comes to the 350z, as I found out, even if you have every factory option out of the book, it adds nothing to the resale price as these days people arnt as bothered.

I'm not so sure about that, when I was buying having factory sat-nav pushed the price up a bit. There are still enough people (like me) out there who want factory sat nav fitted.

Unfortunately when it comes to the 350z, as I found out, even if you have every factory option out of the book, it adds nothing to the resale price as these days people arnt as bothered.

I'm not so sure about that, when I was buying having factory sat-nav pushed the price up a bit. There are still enough people (like me) out there who want factory sat nav fitted.

Maybe I just got ripped off then by the dealer when I part ex`d the car. They looked in glasses guide said "yep this is what its worth in mint condition, plus this amount extra for your low mileage, but the long list of factory extras add nothing to it". And no matter how much haggling I did they wouldnt budge on the price.

With zed prices being all over the shop, its hard to tell from looking at prices on Autotrader if stuff like sat nav makes any difference to the resale price. You see (for example) a 2007 zed`s varying from £9500 up to £14k with and without Sat Nav, then you also see the occasional 2004 or 2005 models also up for £10k -> £12k. The prices dont seem as clear cut as when I was looking at M3`s, when at the time you`d see a poverty spec 2002 model for £9000, but a high spec 2002 with sat nav and other bits would be significantly more.

Agreed - there are lot more buyers out there than on this forum who have their tick boxes and a factory fitted sat nav will be on most buyers lists, in the same way most will not want a modified car. It dosen't make financial sense but that is the English for you and in the same way we still pay more for our cars than most other European countries - we are an all too easy touch. :shrug:

It may not add anything to the value of the car second hand, similar to how earlier cars with Ray's aren't really any more expensive than those with the standard 18's and those with the £600 optional Alezan leather are possibly even a little cheaper, but if I was still in the market and came across a GT with some of those options and a standard GT, both in similar condition/mileage/price, i'd definitely opt for the one with the sat nav/rays/alezan.

So, whereas it may not add value, it is certainly a selling point, of course Alezan is up to taste, but I want it :thumbs: