Feeler thread for Volk GTS 19 INCH

Jay

Hey guys and gals, as some of you know I recently bought a set of Volk Gts alloys for my 370z however I have been met with a few problems. I didnt do enough research into them and the front wheels hit my callipers ever so slightly... yes all it needs is a spacer but I am not a massive fan of spacers :blush: I also bought these wheels thinking that they did not have any kerbing however the front wheels have light kerbing and it would mean getting them refurbed. The last kick in the nuts is that I was going to put my 370z tyres on these alloys... but I have just been informed I need new tyres aswell, so the cost is mounting up. I have been quoted £350 to have the wheels brought back to new condition.

So I am basically putting up this feeler thread to see if anyone would be interested in these gorgeous wheels... I just dont know whether to bite the bullet and get the spacers, refurb and tyres done and have a gorgeous set of Volks for my 370z. Anyway my loss could be your gain.... so the spec:

Great, rare and expensive wheels as all users will know, this is an extremely good price for genuine Volks with this widths and offsets.19x9.5 +17 front and 19x10.5 +18 rear.

They are gorgeous rare wheels and the more I am typing this thread, the more I am thinking to myself why the hell am I selling them. If like me you are a bit of a perfectionist then they will need a refurb... the front wheels have slight kerbing and all the rims could do with a polish to bring them back to their former glory.

I am asking £1300 for them, which is still a bargain for 19 inch Volks

Here are the pics... any questions please pm me :thumbs:

13082012195.jpg

13082012190.jpg

13082012193.jpg

13082012192.jpg

13082012191.jpg

10082012185-1.jpg

The worst of the kerbing:

13082012194.jpg

Bite me Dave :p

I just want to see if there is anyone who is wanting them as I rather someone else get the use of them as it will have to sit in the back burner for a while until I can justify all of the above :thumbs:

Come on guys who wants a gorgeous set of volks?

I just want to see if there is anyone who is wanting them as I rather someone else get the use of them as it will have to sit in the back burner for a while until I can justify all of the above :thumbs:

Ok I will start the bidding at £500 :teeth:

Ok I will start the bidding at £500 :teeth:

£500 ha - not even a bag of dolly mix thrown in :thumbdown:

Jay...I am with Dave on this one...your gonna be hard pushed to find another set of wheels these rare for that price and wheels that would look sooooooo good on the 370z!

Get a spacer...get some rubber and refurb these bad boys (bronze inners would look fantastic btw ;) ) and get them on your zed!

Hey guys, I realise that for the money I am going to be hard pushed to get other wheels that have the same wow factor... but I really dont want to use spacers and I think the fitment is best suited to a 350z. So can we keep this to serious buyers guys and gals. Someone will hopefully want these stunning wheels :thumbs:

I know a man who would refurb those lips for £50 a corner ........ if you sell them you will regret it ;)

I also know a chap that does refurb for £50 a corner, that's including splitting them.

Sure it will mean cleaning and waxing them very regularly, but surely that will be worth doing :)

Jay - dont mean to be a massive arse here, but didn't you buy them off ebay for £900? inc £60 p+p ...

or have you had the work carried out, hence the asking price for £1300?

the reason I know this was that I had my eyes on them B)

Jay - dont mean to be a massive arse here, but didn't you buy them off ebay for £900? inc £60 p+p ...

or have you had the work carried out, hence the asking price for £1300?

the reason I know this was that I had my eyes on them B)

Think this could have been done via pm mate. No I didnt pay 900 for them as the original seller didnt want them.. so I got them for a different price rather go through ebay again. Also you will know that 1300 for a set of volk alloys is an extremely good deal. Are you wanting to make me an offer?

It shouldn't matter what you bought them for, if they are worth £1300, they are worth £1300. :thumbs:

+1

I have sold tons of stuff on here for profit. It was still cheaper than you could get it elsewhere.

I bargain hunt all the time with the view of making money from stuff.

Cheers for the input guys and gals, I would just like to point out these where up for sale about 5 months ago by chrisuuc who was asking £1650 with 3 tyres that only had 2mm left on the tread. I have been honest about the condition of the rims and that is why they are up for £1300. I am open to sensible offers ofcourse :thumbs: Also any questions please pm me :)

Jay, just seen this... Man up dude!

You can get some 2mm shim spacers from Halfrauds for about a fiver to clear your brakes. You won't even know they're there.

Also if funds are tight either buy some part worns for them until you can afford a full set, or sell your 370 wheels, and buy Tyres with the proceeds. You can then pickup another set of 370 rims at a later date when you're flush again (preferably before winter :lol: ).

For part worns, checkout eBay. I've bought 2x Goodyear eagle f1s off eBay over the last year. I paid less than £50 for one of them with 5mm tread left. I forget what the other cost me but it wasn't much more.

As for the refurb, I've seen BM's wheels and the finish is great - you can't go wrong for the price. And again if cash-flow is your issue, wait till winter when they're off your car.

...and you should deffo get the centres done in anthracite like mine. B)