From S2000 to 350Z

Hi Guys,

Some of you may have seen my post in the wanted section a few weeks ago, I used to have a Honda S2000 which I loved, but it was time for a change and I wanted a 350z.

My old S2000:

7439270636_73dc668832.jpg

IMG_3089 by Pelidan, on Flickr

Shortly after selling it, I picked up my 350,

Details are:

2006 car

Completely standard

42,000 miles with Full history

really happy with it, over the last few weeks i've carried out a few small mods which include:

Remove front number plate holder

Private plate

LED rear number plate lights

LED Sidelights

Sprayed bottom of bumper black

Black nissan and 350z badges

7772560038_201d9d9abb.jpg

IMG_3363 by Pelidan, on Flickr

7772554984_c32d982de0.jpg

cars by Pelidan, on Flickr

7772556826_a3cd3e7311.jpg

IMG_3379 by Pelidan, on Flickr

Anyway, my name is Dan and i'm from near Leeds, give me a flash if you see me around! :drive1

Thanks for the welcome and comments guys!

The S2000 was fantastic, and superb to drive. I just wanted something newer and more suitable as a daily driver.

I am loving the 350 though!

One question i had, my car is a 2006 but doesn't have the LED rear lights, so i'm guessing it's not a facelift with slightly more power?

It does fall into the high tax band though?

I thought 2006 car had a slight facelift and a bit more power.

The S2000 was fantastic, and superb to drive. I just wanted something newer and more suitable as a daily driver.

One question i had, my car is a 2006 but doesn't have the LED rear lights, so i'm guessing it's not a facelift with slightly more power?

It does fall into the high tax band though?

I thought 2006 car had a slight facelift and a bit more power.

The easiest way to tell if you have a genuine facelift is the interior, as it's a B*stard to swap out so no one does it. You should have a large silver gear surround on the facelift compared to the small silver ring surrounded by plastic in the pre-facelift. Also if you can turn on the heated seats accidentally with your left elbow then you have a pre-facelift. It's not unheard of for a non-facelift to be on an early '06 plate so if this is the case with yours, It's nothing to worry about, all still legit.

DB

One question i had, my car is a 2006 but doesn't have the LED rear lights, so i'm guessing it's not a facelift with slightly more power? In which case it is either a pre-facelift or someone has swopped the rear lights for the earlier versions - the LED lights being highly prized

It does fall into the high tax band though? Then it is a facelift

I thought 2006 car had a slight facelift and a bit more power. It does - 296bhp compared to 276bhp

Here is an internal pic of my previous 2006 facelift - note the hazard warning light switch position in front of the gearlever as a quick and reliable reference even if trim bits have been swapped. (The phone holder is non-standard)

P1020201.jpg